N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feb 10

Go down 
+3
spacious_shamus
Gryph
Hortons Heros
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 1:43 am

Man I hope we got some good video of that shield in action! Thanks agian to everyone who came out and helped set-up. It was a bummer that we started a little late but really nice to get those extra walls up. The last wall set-up for the crack house I thought was the best, good rooms and really utalized that last room.

I would be interested in some feedback from the shield, not that I am going to change much but still interested. I thought it worked very well to help break that choke point wide open a few times. Being on the recieving end of it I was really intimidated. Plus for under $15 how can you got wrong!

Awesome night and great players. Once all the money comes in from some owing players we will have next months rent which means that the $10 fee will go towards building and improving the walls...very exciting.

ON A SIDE NOTE-ANYONE HAVE BARREL BAG THAT SAYS HORTON ON IT?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 5:20 pm

I don't even know where mine is. I like the shield, the only prob. is there was a couple times where I bonced a round or two off of a helmet behind the shield and they didn't feel it or hear it because of all the rounds hetting the shield.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 5:51 pm

were they just taking armour points? It was either me or Zack.
Back to top Go down
spacious_shamus
NIA New
NIA New
spacious_shamus

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-03-31

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 6:14 pm

Using the shield you would most certainly NOT hear the shots that hit your head... that is because 67.345 to 1 they will hit the shield first. And that is loud. With the small drawback of wasted headshots on someone who wont notice the coolness of the shield is too great to rule it out.

In both events (3rd & 10th) when we used the shield you could break that choke point at the one door without your entire team getting shot from the back of the room by some serious camper.

Keep the shield goin'!
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2008, 6:16 pm

I can't wait to get a little viewing glass on that thing...UNSTOPABLE!!
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2008, 10:30 am

I bonced two shots for sure off of zack's helmet and he didn't even know it. If we add in a piece of glass the shield will be to strong to go up against.
Back to top Go down
SNAFU
NIA New
NIA New
SNAFU

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Player Info
Geo: The Hart
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2008, 7:49 pm

thats the point isnt it. to make it realistic. sure the shield is tough but it makes a great challenge plus it is the only way to break that choke point up IMO the shield is great loved. needs a sight so you can see where your going lol
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2008, 5:08 pm

As I posted before, a ballistic shield blocking fire from an AK, M14, etc... is not realistic. That being said, I haven't had a chance to play yet so I can't really comment on the choke point issue. Sad

SNAFU wrote:
thats the point isnt it. to make it realistic. sure the shield is tough but it makes a great challenge plus it is the only way to break that choke point up IMO the shield is great loved. needs a sight so you can see where your going lol
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2008, 7:40 pm

we are playing with more of a video game mentality than a super realism mindset. Reason being is that it's allot easier and more fun to play with more video game like rules. We are not using multiple hits (points system) but we are using armour points.

If we were to change a game to a saturday night to help give you some time to travel and what not what would work best smith?
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2008, 9:06 pm

Whoa wait a second
Quote :
we are playing with more of a video game mentality than a super realism mindset

Then why aren't we playing with fake grenades? Haha, we aren't contradicting ourselves now are we? Sorry I just had to point it out, not that it makes any difference, just watch what we're saying.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2008, 9:54 pm

We arn't using tennis ball grenades for the exact same reason. To hard to track where they land, who got him etc. To keep arguments down and fun high. Super realsim isn't fun, we arn't contradicting anything, we are allowing tonnes of hits on a shield for the same reason we allow fake grenades...to keep it fun.

It's allot easier to kill the shield person than it seems. Their sides are always exposed and we suck at CQC tactics so far so they are usually the first one to get killed...OK it's usualy me so I am the first one to get killed...HA ha ha...man I suck at close quarters. They have to have a head and hand poked out from the shield to shoot (no blind fire) so they are just as vulnerable as someone behind a wall. I think you'll be OK with the shield SMith it works really well and isn't that unfair.
Back to top Go down
SNAFU
NIA New
NIA New
SNAFU

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Player Info
Geo: The Hart
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2008, 8:00 pm

twsmith wrote:
As I posted before, a ballistic shield blocking fire from an AK, M14, etc... is not realistic. That being said, I haven't had a chance to play yet so I can't really comment on the choke point issue. Sad

sorry i was more thinking of a solid steel shield with just a ballistic view point. although im not even sure if that would stop a AK round. much like Rainbow Six vegas. you can kill th shield carrier easier than it looks
Back to top Go down
Yuu
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuu

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2005-12-17

Player Info
Geo: Richmond
Tags:

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2008, 9:45 pm

SNAFU wrote:

sorry i was more thinking of a solid steel shield with just a ballistic view point. although im not even sure if that would stop a AK round. much like Rainbow Six vegas. you can kill th shield carrier easier than it looks

Even if it did work you won't have man strength to withstand the impact, unless your Chuck NORRIS! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feb 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feb 10   Feb 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feb 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: Tactical :: Debriefs-Pics-Lost and Found-
Jump to: