N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot Empty
PostSubject: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot EmptySun 12 Oct 2008, 1:16 am

Just throwing this out there for consideration and feedback:

Playable? Foreseeable challenges? Needs polish still? Suggested additions?

Let me know.

Mikhail.

Ideas for Game Scenarios in Airsoft

Scenario 1: Capture the Flag/Medic/Ammo Depot
(CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot)

Prerequisites:

1) Every player must have radio capable of being on same frequency (frequency TBA). Repeat: ALL players, SAME frequency.

2) All players must have watch for timing healing. Alternative: all players must have roll of flagging or five 15” strips of flagging if optional Field Dressing rules used.

Flags: Two Base flags: one flag for Blue Team, one for Orange Team (six-seven foot pole with appropriate flag at one end); and two Depot flags: two identical flags, one for Medical Depot, one for Ammo Depot. Depot flags must consist of six-seven foot stick/pole, with Blue flag on one end, and Orange flag on the other (flagging acceptable).

Medic Rules: Each team has one medic per 10 players (normally; see Medic Depot). Each medic armed with roll of flagging to be used in unlimited heals (tied around healed arm). Each team must designate one medic (or more as appropriate).

CTF Rules: Capture enemy flag and return to team base. Victory once both flags in home base.

Field Layout:
Team Bases on opposing ends of field (e.g. North and South ends). Medical and Ammo equidistant from both bases in middle field near edges of field (e.g. East and West ends of field, respectively). Important to not have either depot in direct line of march between the team bases (ie side trip to depots required).

Purpose of Ammo Depot:
Any player may capture the Ammo Depot by placing Depot flag with team flagging in raised position, and then announcing that his team has captured the Ammo Depot over the radio (repeat clearly three times: “Ammo Depot captured by Blue Team! Ammo Depot captured by Blue Team! Ammo Depot captured by Blue Team!”). Once Ammo Depot announcement has been made, holding team has full auto capabilities. If a team loses the Depot, they also lose full auto and must return to semi-auto or single shot only until Depot is retaken.

Purpose of Medic Depot:
Any player may capture the Medic Depot by placing Depot flag with team flagging in raised position, and then announcing that his team has captured the Medic Depot over the radio (repeat clearly three times, eg: “Medic Depot captured by Blue Team! Medic Depot captured by Blue Team! Medic Depot captured by Blue Team!”). Once Medic Depot announcement has been made, all holding team members are granted medic abilities, and may heal any other team member (but not themselves). This lasts only as long as the team continues to hold the Medic Depot.

Medic Rules: If flagging not available for healing, then 2-5 minutes with Medic in attendance will heal.

Optional Rules:

1) Field Dressings: Players may only carry five “bandages” (healing flagging) at a time. Incapacitated players may not heal themselves; flagging may only be used on team-mates. Supply may be replenished at own base if flag in attendance.

2) Flag Respawns: Players reincarnate at base only while base flag in residence. No flag: no reincarnation.

3) Squad Radioman: Players with no radio may team with team-mate equipped with one. If radioman separated from non-carrying player(s) (ie. killed) all depot benefits lost until “new” radioman attached to squad, or old one healed.

Comments? Yeah...I know...been playing toooo much UT3.

...or maybe NOT ENOUGH!
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Player Info
Geo: West Side
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot EmptySun 12 Oct 2008, 10:55 am

Looks interesting, just concerned with the "unlimited heals". I'm a fan of players only being able to be healed up to four times (one flag for each limb). Like all the optional rules, though. I would make "bandages" replenishable at the Medic Depot if flag held, as well. Might think about requiring watches only for medics, since they would have to be the ones concentrating on the first aid.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 2:32 pm

I agree that it looks interesting and can clearly see that you put some effort into thinking this one up. I actually like what you have about medics, although you should be limited to how many times you can be healed before having to respawn. Meaning you can only be healed 2 times, 4 times... etc before having to respawn.

Also the milsims I have attended require us all to carry watches, this is because we all need to time our own bleeding out times. So if I am shot, I have a certain amount of time before I am dead, and have to respawn. So watches are key.

Radios should not be mandatory. Its a plus to have them, but players should be able to play without them.

Lastly, and I hate to kind of write this, as it pretty much pertains to your entire post, but I do not like capture the flag games. It is okay if it is part of an objective, but capture the flag games get really old, and cannot be considered milsim worthy in their entirety.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the insightful comments.

Aedomon - I hear you about the unlimited heals...I sorta liked the the 5 'bandages' rule myself...more realistic. But the four limbs idea is attractive as well. Interesting...

beach_boy - I like that concept about limit # of heals before there just isn't anything left to bandage! Cool concept.

CTF aint that important to me....This was more an exercise in simulating capturable locations that had an real impact on game play...specifically the ammo and medical supply dumps...I wonder what other sort of depots could be added to a game.

The 'added strategic value' depots I see as an option that could be added to any scenario. Gives additional objectives some real impact to game play to be taken, instead of just a additional goal.

Radios are the only way I can think of to communicate the advantage of a captured depot to a team...or to the loss of one....

I understand that additional equipment requirements can be a pain though...thats one of the reasons that made me think of the 'Radionman' option.

I know I am getting handheld ham radios pretty cheap from overseas...roughly 50 a set....we use them for work here. I have a throat mic coming in anyday. But I understand that money is ALWAYS an issue too.

Me, i was just worried that the game was too complicated...that whole KISS thing.

Mikhail.
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Player Info
Geo: West Side
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:19 am

beach_boy wrote:
Lastly, and I hate to kind of write this, as it pretty much pertains to your entire post, but I do not like capture the flag games. It is okay if it is part of an objective, but capture the flag games get really old, and cannot be considered milsim worthy in their entirety.

In general, most game scenarios where you are capturing an objective boil down to CTF. Sometimes its a missile part, some times its a point of land, or a person. The flag is just a symbol. The only real varient to these styles of games are whether you move that symbol from one location to another or not, and how many flags/teams are in play. (Operation Boomslang and Operation Armata were both CTF milsims....) I get your point, though, dont get me wrong.

HAM radios could work well, Mike. For that matter, if the field is small enough, so do Cobra radios. I'm definately partial to the "radioman" option, though, strictly because it forces the squad to act more as a squad, which improves both the effectiveness of the teams and the general gameplay. This can be achieved with everybody having radios, as well, but personally I prefer to see hand signal communications in the field than radio chatter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot   New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot Empty

Back to top Go down

New Game Scenario #1:CTF With Medic & Ammo Depot
Page 1 of 1