N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upgrades for upcoming games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

Upgrades for upcoming games Empty
PostSubject: Upgrades for upcoming games   Upgrades for upcoming games EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 3:03 pm

We have received our ebaybanned multicam bdus. Not sure how we ordered mediums but we did.

Mine fit perfectly (I am 5'8", 175lbs). Chris's is a little tight in the tummy (cant imagine why!) but the top is fine.

Sewing quality was also perfect. I inspected the stitching specifically due a number of previous reviews finding it less than optimal. I am sure a game or two will test the stitching further.

We MAY order a third bdu in large..just to give a little more room for extra layers for the winter. And then we will have a spare bdu about to lend.

Upgrades for upcoming games Camo2008_11_27_15_25_06b

I am trying out the elbow and knee pockets with some padding...first trial will be with some pads cut from sponge rubber mouse pads. Chris is opting for no pads for now...she is not intending any rough game play (again...cant imagine why)

Also received was a three point EB sling. This needs to be upgraded with some better hardware. Too much plastic and wrong sizes are what I see. One sliding harness buckle broke within 10 minutes of attaching to my AK. Another buckle is too wide for the width of the webbing, and slips sideways and binds.

I am used to working with saddle grade buckles and such so will pursue the same grade for the sling.

After upgrading this sling, I think I may build a second with the black webbing I have a roll of, and see how it turns out. The webbing I have is a higher grade that doesn't fade in the sun (originally purchased for custom tie downs)

Still missing is my 'I Heart AK' patch....eb is known for shipping secondary packages for a small order...so we will see if it shows up later.

Order was placed the day before Nov 8th (a sunday) and arrived Nov 27th. This works out to 14 business days...not too bad.

Thats it for now....upcoming upgrades include the programmable Mosfet made by airsoft innovations out of Alberta....its in the mail, and with any luck should be here and installed before the end of the week when we head down to the game at Mission.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: Upgrades for upcoming games   Upgrades for upcoming games EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 3:42 pm

Yeah... The medium shirt is a bit loose on me, which means I'll have room for extra layers underneath. Great! I think the large would have been a tent.

However, while the medium pants are a bit too tight on me (largely because I'm pregnant, heh; they'll fit fine next summer (I hope!)), they are also shorter than I like. It's weird, because it SEEMS as though Mike's and my legs are the same length, but somehow pants sit shorter on me. So while his pair sits fine on him (the bottoms just brushing the tops of his feet), on me they sit a bit higher. Not a whole lot when I'm standing, but enough that as soon as I crouch they're going to be riding up above the tops of my boots. :-/ Yay, cold breeze AND bare, uncamo'ed skin.

So the other reason we want to order a large someday is so I can have pants in a length I like, even if it does mean they're extra wide on me-- but that just means that I can wear a second pair of something underneath for extra warmth, like I did for the Prince George game I was at-- something I can't do right now, as I can only JUST button them up, lol, so long as I'm not bending over. Anyone know where I can get Multicam underwear? ;-)
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Upgrades for upcoming games   Upgrades for upcoming games EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 4:19 pm

I found the L pants to fit quite well and I am a 34X34. The waist isn't huge on me but does have some room. The length is good with lots of extra fabric to be let out at teh bottom if you have stilts for legs.

The bonnie hats a great match to the BDU as well, colour is consistent.

I find the BDU stiching a bit weak as I have had a pocket blow out already and there are some areas that look like they are coming aparty already. Although the reinforced knees and elbows is super nice the colour is a bit off but whatever. Looking forward to your mosfet project.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia

PostSubject: Re: Upgrades for upcoming games   Upgrades for upcoming games EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 5:40 pm

Oh, other equipment prep......currently got three new goggle sets....and am documenting a rather intense testing of each.....got doubles of each so have one ta sacrifice to science... with pic documentation.....so far tests are all with my AK, at a 12" range, then 36" and 120" range.(single and full auto) Although one just wouldn't die...so further testing at 3" ensued...har....

So far some of tests are predictable...some surprising.

Reason? Well.....my eyes are important to me, and there is really only one way to be sure....and I intend to be sure. Research of what constitutes a 'safe test' based on industry standards are not reassuring. I am done putting my trust in other peoples 'tests'.

And with my recent personal upgrade via cortisone injection, elbow 2.0 puts me back in the game....hate it when joint squeaking gives away my position! Especially since the exact movement that sets it off is a trigger pull...
(in field tip:...wd-40 DOES help with squeaky joints...and does provide some relief....long term effects?....still under review)

Mikhail 1.1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrades for upcoming games   Upgrades for upcoming games Empty

Back to top Go down

Upgrades for upcoming games
Page 1 of 1