N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new project the SR-25 MK110

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jensenman
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

My new project the SR-25 MK110 Empty
PostSubject: My new project the SR-25 MK110   My new project the SR-25 MK110 EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 3:51 pm

This year I will be piecing together my version of an SR-25 sniper rifle. It will be a all steel, welt raising behemoth. It has to scare the cops, make noobs cry and most of all Intimidate. My goal is to be barely under the max fps range for outdoors. I gave the girlfriend my G36 so she has something to play with. So for the next month I shall be doing tons of research as to which parts are the strongest, quietest and most accurate. This is where you guys come in. What parts have given you the best of luck? What should I stay away from?
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: My new project the SR-25 MK110   My new project the SR-25 MK110 EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 5:54 pm

The SR25 will be allot easier. This is because the M110 Is a 308. I have yet to see an airsoft armalite with the 308 mags. You would need to mod the lower receaver to take a G3 mag, or better yet the SCAR H mag well. So basically I would recommend you get an M4 and then get a sniper convertion. I would recommend airsoftparts.ca You can either add new parts to the gear box or buy a brand new systema drop in gear box. Depending on what type of gun you get you may also need to replace the motor.

Spork has a sniper front end on one of his M4's. I have the Madbull JP front end coming for my M4. It has 4 size barrel 16 18 20 and 24. I'll let you know how that works out ounce I get it.

By the way If you decide to replace parts in your original gear box avoid helical gears. I have a set and have a hell of a time finding a half toothed piston that will stand up to the high FPS.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: My new project the SR-25 MK110   My new project the SR-25 MK110 EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 2:34 am

My new project the SR-25 MK110 Sr

Classic Army makes a .308 rounder. It apparently still takes a standard V2 mechbox. I believe there are only a few around, so if you want one you better start looking in the ASC classifieds.

However, I think it would go without saying that if you want a gun that is playable for a long period of time you should think twice about upgrading it to just under field limits.

Now, out of this light, if you want to get max fps - get a Systema... or go with a pro-win gearbox; however both are very pricey. A cheaper but yet still a good solution would be to look at getting a complete systema standard V2 mechbox, just as Gryph said. A pre-built of course. With less miss matching parts the better, especially in regards to higher stress caused be high fps.

Just replace the piston and you're set. Take look on ASC and there should be tons of stuff there talking about what to put into guns to get max fps. It just may take a bit of looking around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new project the SR-25 MK110   My new project the SR-25 MK110 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new project the SR-25 MK110
Page 1 of 1