N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20

Go down 
+3
Hortons Heros
Lucuis
Mikhail
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 Empty
PostSubject: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 5:40 am

"Delta 3 to Alpha 1, over"

"Alpha 1, go ahead Delta 3, over.'

"Delta 3, I have eyes on activity. I see what appears to be construction of a communications tower and bunker. Tower appears functioning and hardening of bunker and surrounding emplacements currently underway. Unknown number of hostiles, but definitely enemy origin. over."

"Alpha 1, wait one Delta 3, out'

"Alpha1 to all Delta elements. Please converge on Delta 3s position. Assess situation and if possible secure tower location. Enemy emplacement must be taken, not destroyed. I say again TAKE not destroy, Reinforcements are now en-route. Over'

"Delta 2, understood"

"Delta 5, roger"

"Delta 3, roger"

"Delta 1, wilco"

"Alpha 1, out'

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Milsim planned for May long Weekend

Camping starts Friday

Site Features:

----------------------------------
-Showers, Water, Power, and Wireless internet available on the field
-Private Field of 10 Acres + of rolling hills, jungle like heavy brush, 1.4 km of trails, field bunkers in place
-Twin bases with bunkers
-Field map available
-BBQ available and common eating area.
-Large bonfire common area
-Mech transport of gear to bases available
-Some indoor crash space.
-Onsite Chrony - FPS/ROF/Joules
-Open Covered area and table space for equipment setup
-20' x 12' group tent available for those bunking down minimal. Contact us in advance so it can be setup IF needed.
-Stores 10 minutes away from field.
-100 Foot hardened communications tower and bunker. Multilevel with CQB inside.
-IFA on site.

Friday Day Setup
Friday Eve Bonfire Social

Saturday
Morning - Bacon
Scenarios starting around 10:30
Break for Dinner
Twilight and evening games
Bonfire Social

Sunday
Cleanup and head home

BB rules: Please help with breaking up my clay-base grounds by dispensing as many bbs as possible. Non bios preferred, but Bios not unwelcome.

Travel food available for those driving in Friday.
Group canteen possible for meals. Talk to Chris for details.
Bus Pickup from 100 Mile House possible.

Planned games
------------------
Night game
Find the Base (first to find it gets to defend it)
Capture the Base
Defend the Base
Electronic Threat Detection

Recommended equipment
------------------------------
AEG or suitable facsimile
FRS Radios (This is most important piece of equipment after Gun! BRING ONE!!)
Flashlights
Bug spray(?)
Water containers
Digital Camera for recon game
Whistle
Compass
Glowstick
Messkit

For planning purposed please PLEASE RSVP!!

We are still grooming the grounds, building stuff and are thinking of having at least one casual game here before Mayday long weekend. Contact me if interested in that as well.

We would love to get some input from other players before the milsim as to what else to put in place, or final touches on the coms bunker and surrounding base defenses.

Planned improvements.
------------------------------
more field bunkers,
more CQB barriers
tower bunker tweaks
MASH style speaker system on tower, with tunes and PA system
Spotlight on tower for night games
Additional IP Camera setups to watch base perimeter and in game action.
3rd story sniper perch
2nd outhouse
More Artie Sims

We have run 'other' combat sports events before so we are pretty prepped for hosting, but would LOVE to hear from other players about what to add or change or improve before and after the event.

Site and house is kid friendly, so if non-player want to come and hang out there will be other here already so they wont be bored while the games are in progress. RSVP of this would be helpful as well.

SO......who can come? I NEED a headcount before the event! I have some confirmations already (you know who you are).

Chris and Mike Heimdallson.
Email: chris@heimdallson.com
Phone: 250-397-2369

Google Maps:

View Larger Map

Last edited by Mikhail on Sun 09 May 2010, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Player Info
Geo: Local

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 9:33 am

Thanks, Lucuis. We want it to be worth peoples traveling. We have about 15 players in the local area, but already have commitments from folks out of town so want make sure they will enjoy themselves.

It IS a long weekend, so if people want we can spread it out over 2 days of play and leave Monday...but right now its pretty open.

And if anyone wants to do a casual game here and or visit to add to field features, the field is still very virgin. I have permission from Chris to do one below ground battlement, if anyone want to lend a hand. My neighbor has a mini backhoe to aid in the digging part. That way its neater too.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:45 pm

hmmm...what happened to Lucius's post?
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 12:41 am

that is one of the odder things I have seen on this forum...

I think you used your admin abilities and wrote over his post instead of replying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 1:51 am

I was worried I did...grrrrr!
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 7:18 am

om nom nom nom, lol. no worries.

I would like to go too, but i have no idea if i will be able. I will know more closer to the date.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 11:12 am

I know that I am working that weekend already. I would be more than happy to send anyone who wants to rent and travel down with my guns. Same rental price you just get the guns the whole long weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:30 am

As this is the first time we are doing MayDay, field fee is by donation and goes to event costs like tp, and that sort of thing. We will know better after first event what are the actual event costs.

If you want in on the canteen, 2 brekkies(thinking porriage and sausages/bacon, 1 bag lunch (meat sandwich, granola bar,fruit, juicebox, bottled water), 2 dinners (hotdogs friday night, saturday - burgers)

We are thinking we can do that for $15 CAN if you bring your own messkit.

Also if we are feeding you, we need to know about allergies and or vegans in advance.

The firepit is available to cook you own if you wish as well...some limited access to BBQ while meals are being cooked. Personal cook stoves welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 1:30 am

While answering a bunch of questions on another list, they also asked if I have any pics. I said yes, and I promised I would post one:

MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 Alvena
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptySun 09 May 2010, 1:51 pm

This event has been RESCHEDULED TO JUNE 18-20 (arrival and camping set-up Friday, gaming Saturday, pack up and head out Sunday) due to a lack of attendance commitment and a military exercise schedule conflict with the 4RPG.

As some of you may know, I am a proud member of the CF branch, the Canadian Rangers. The Rangers suddenly announced a week-long op (out of town, of course, and starting on the same day), after I had scheduled and announced the Mayday event, so I have a chance to go to that instead of hosting this. Despite a lot of positive feedback, though, only four people had actually committed, so I have some flexibility here.

We're rescheduling to the next weekend we have available, which is the June 19th/20th weekend, with arrival on Friday the 18th (and perhaps some evening games on Friday if people are into it). Same schedule and scenarios as on the original dates. The good news is that the weather ought to be a lot warmer (dammit, stop snowing!!), and we'll literally have as much light to play in as possible: it's the longest day of the year that weekend. So don't waste those few extra minutes of daylight doing something lame; come play Airsoft!

Our testing has shown that we can still use our smoke grenades in static positions for the assault on the tower bunker, even at the higher end of the fire restrictions, and I think we'll be able to do campfires in our brazier (which is enclosed, off the ground, and in a fire pit) with fire restrictions too.

If you're intending to come, please let me know ahead of time so we can sort out the logistics (food etc). If you decide to drop in at the last minute you ARE welcome, but you most likely WON'T be able to make use of the canteen as we need to buy supplies ahead of time. There'll be coffee though, and you're welcome to bring your own food.

Our commitment to this event is ONLY as strong as people's willingness to commit to attending, so if you want to see this event happen, let me know you're coming!

For those of you who did make a commitment, please let me know if the new date works for you. I will contact you directly as well.

See you in June.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

Just a reminder, this event is happening this weekend. If anyone here is thinking of attending, please let me know.

Currently there are 16 confirmations from Vancouver, Quesnel, and 100 Mile House but ZERO from Prince George. Anyone here planning on coming?

Weather reports expect temps of 18-22 degrees, mostly sunny with a some showers. So we should not be overheating. Mosquitoes have been very mild so far as well, but bringing bug spray would probably be a good idea.

So far I have had requests for
a) a Friday night game instead of Saturday.
b) a pistols/ shotgun only scenario

I should be able to accommodate both. If you have flashlight/laser attachments, and pistol or shotguns, bring em.
Back to top Go down
Slyyde
100 Mile House MEM
Slyyde

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 3:14 am

Already there. Well, not literally. Like, you don't have to look out your window or anything, but, you know. 'I'll be there for sure' is what I'm getting at.
Back to top Go down
Dirtnap
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Dirtnap

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Player Info
Geo: PG

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:35 pm

my dad and I cant make it
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010, 4:53 pm

Work Sad
Back to top Go down
Slyyde
100 Mile House MEM
Slyyde

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010, 11:37 pm

You guys are really gonna be missin out, I'm tellin ya. The vids will speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20   MayDay! May Day! -Rescheduled to June 18-20 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:11 am

Event was a success. Here is some video. Written summary to follow.