N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Patch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags: ---

Game Patch Empty
PostSubject: Game Patch   Game Patch EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 7:57 pm

So THAT was a very fun weekend!! I only wish I could have played too. Sad Oh well, next time, eh? Very Happy

The tag line to the weekend ended up being "It's a trap!" (long version: "Surprise, c---f--! It's a trap!") which I estimated at about 2 am on Saturday night had probably been said around a thousand times. You probably had to be there; but it was hilarious.

And so Admiral Ackbar and "It's A Trap!" have ended up on the patches we designed (with input from everyone) for the game. See, we had this idea (more or less based on the "tokens" the SCA uses) that, for larger games with folks from out of town (as opposed to our regular weekly get-togethers), we'd design a souvenir patch that people who attended the game can buy. There's a place online (www.colorpatch.com) where you can get round patches up to 4" across for only $9.75 with no minimum order; but a "bulk" order of six or more patches drops the price down to $5.50. If you attended the game (and want in) then you PayPal Mikhail the $5.50, we order them in, and then you put them on your duffel or what, it then being a permanet record of all the games you've been to.

It's so damned cheap and easy that we figure that if we ever do a group road trip to a game somewhere else (Penticton, Bigfoot, whatever) we'll do up patches for those games as well.

So here's the patch we designed, commemorating the "destruction" of the tower bunker and the elimination of 80% of the defending team within about 30 seconds of "Game on!" in the traitor game scenario If you want one, contact Mikhail. And, yes, you have to have been there. Smile

Game Patch Its_a_11

Last edited by Chris on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

Game Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Patch   Game Patch EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

Mike wants me to share the ones we did up for the May Day! event this past June as well, so here you go. If anyone was here for that one and would like any of these, just let Mike know which style you want.

Game Patch May_da11

I'll throw a pic up in that thread too because only posting something relevant to one game in the thread for a different one is dumb. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia

Game Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Patch   Game Patch EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:32 am

We just received all the payments from all the attendees for the event patchs, and can now go ahead with the order.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia

Game Patch Empty