N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SIG 556

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Prince George
Tags: ---

SIG 556 Empty
PostSubject: SIG 556   SIG 556 EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 5:47 pm

so a couple people have wanted me to write this post for a while, but I've been pretty busy, so Ive got some time now, and here goes!

so a few months ago I bought myself a CYMA SIG 556, one of the only ones on ASC for sale, its a slightly more rare gun than you're average snag, and one of my favorites design wise.

First thing I noticed was the heavy and mostly metal construction. Hand grips are a compsite material to save a little weight but the body of the gun is metal. I also noticed that the bolt slide was a little wobbly, possibly because of shipping it has been pushed in and some internal channel it slides in had broken.

I read a really in depth overview of this gun online on ASC and he did a full tear down of the gun, the metal feeling continues with the internals and bits.

but getting on to the downsides. The battery is located in the front stock making a fit hard unless you buy a stick battery, something I don't have. but its not too much of an issue.

the major issue here is mag fitment. this gun takes standard M4 style mags, but I'm finding none of them fit properly, or they fall out. Sometimes they'll stay in but the mag release catch just doesn't hold on to the mags, even with a little duct tape spacer the only thing holding it in is friction.

It also has flip up iron sights, and with my rather easy to detach red dot it works out rather well. The top has plenty of rails, as well as more raisl on the sides and front of the gun.

Overall, its an extremely solid feeling gun, and it fires great from what I've had the brief opportunity to shoot, but the mag issue needs to be resolved and I just haven't had time.

A couple people may have heard me playing with selling this gun, and for the right price I probably would, but I really do truly like this gun and I really want to get it to a game.
Back to top Go down

SIG 556
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: Quatermaster :: Review-
Jump to: