N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MayDay! MayDay! 2011

Go down 
+4
bizkilter
Lucuis
Lorica
Mikhail
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 11:22 am

Right on. Players inbound from Prince George AND Vancouver for this weekend! Good job PG!
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 12:17 am

Hamburgers and a 'white chili' (chicken) is now available (thank you Chris) for those arriving Friday, and/or needing food during the event. The Chilli crockpot will be running all weekend for those in need. 2 bucks a bowl. More food arrangement will be made once everyone is here. Chris wants to play more this year and does NOT want to become the default event cook again this year ('cause I'm the girl'), so be prepared to be responsible with your own food needs and or help out with group food efforts.

Once everyone is here there WILL be time made for a group run into town, so no game play will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 12:43 am

Hey by the way, if people can bring their own mess kits that will help me out a lot, although I will have some disposable bowls etc if you can't round anything up. Wash water will be provided.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2011, 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
bizkilter
NIA New
NIA New
bizkilter

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Player Info
Geo: Old PG Highway, Quesnel

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 1:41 pm

A big Thank You Mike and Chris (and everyone else) for an awesome weekend! I hurt in places I forgot I had ")
Back to top Go down
http://bizkilter.deviantart.com
Lorica
Toast
Toast
Lorica

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 7:37 pm

A big thanks to Mike and Chris for a great event. Field was great, games were fun, and everyone was friendly and super helpful.
Will give a quick timeline of what happened to for us for anyone who cares.
We left PG at just before 5, and got to 100mile by alittle after 8. However, and for anyone else who plans on heading down there in the future, don't follow google maps. It will lead you past an important turn. So after getting lost, and eventually found, we pulled up to the field alittle after 10. A night zombie game was on but being the nice dad, set up camp while Brad and Jordan got into playing. In between zombie games, introductions were made and guns showed off etc etc. After getting tents, mattresses and sleeping bags set up and a truck unloaded, I doned my gear and got in on a few night games. It was very eerie playing in the dark in an unknown forest with only the light of the tower to see by. By 1, I was done playing and passed out in my tent.
Yay for 20 years of getting up at 5 for work, cause bing, up at 5 I was. Breakfast for myself and the boys was made and we cleaned and prepped our gear for the day ahead. The players trickled in and geared up and by 10, quick games of capture the tower and tower assault were going. At this point, my fear of the Vancouverites guns was moved up to terror as the lipo powered m4's were able to lay down an immense amount of bb's, but i digress, if there's one thing i rock at its getting shot.
Lunch was called and teams were drawn up. At this point Mike started our senario game which was awesome. I won't go into details as I don't want to steal his thunder but it was a great time which had us moving all over the 10 acre field. After the senario games it was dinner and then a night of hostage rescue and zombies.

Once again, thanks for a great saturday of gaming mike, it was great.
Will write about sunday later Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 2:14 am

Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 2:54 am

Love it man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 5:40 pm

Copied from AirsoftBC Blog page:

https://sites.google.com/site/airsoftbcwebsite/discussion

Post Mayday 2011
posted 57 minutes ago by Mikhail H

Whew! What a great time, turnout and event. I had a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of very cool people.

I have started the process of getting pics and video of the event up. All my stills are up, and some of my video (15%). A broken DV tape for our Sony handy-cam is waiting to be repaired, so that is holding up the editing process a couple a days.

It is fixable..just need a replacement DV tape case (with screws). Found one but need eyeglass screwdrivers which will be in town. (all my teeny Philips are missing....I suspect leetle fingers)

We had easily twice as many people as last year, with people from Quesnel (3 hours), PG (4.5 hours) and Vancouver (5 hours away). Very differant play styles very much apparent.

Lessons learned:

#1 Delegate
Both Tasks and game admin. By Sunday I was pretty worn out and while everyone agreed more campaign games would be good, each leaving player requested a shorter game...result...a day of short scenarios as folk trickled out. I could have done more campaign which requires me to do a lot of mental admin but was DEFINITELY getting a little mentally fuzzy by Sunday.

Getting out of towners to ADMIN a scenario from THEIR playbook was very cool. We did multiple Vancouver Hostage games. Thanks Van for stepping up.
That form of delegation will be done again...just to bring a taste of games from different areas.

Have locals prepped to step up to admin every other game so I don't wear out before end of game

#2 Relocate Resources Closer.
Long walk into house to get, batteries, tools, hex screws, chargers, loaner aegs, yadda yadda

A the very least move charger out and all charged loaner batteries to setup table. Need good portable enclosure to house batteries, power supply and charger so I can be protected and kept out of rain....Hmmm...maybe an ammo box build....hmmmm.

#3 More Flexibility in Field Electrics.
Have independent lighting for EACH floor of tower and each stair well on tower, perimeter lighting, tunnel lighting, bunker2 lighting, etc.
Ability to turn off each locally and via central control. Add microcomputer control to that. Speaking of which, have timer reset after 5 minutes to avoid needing to reset it at the start of each new game.

#4 Rule Documentation
Need more. Specifically a sheet to hand out to players showing field rules if they show up after initial rule announcements.
Include no go zones, definition of blind-firing, hard target policy, player conflict resolution procedure. Everything including local resources, equipment and supply sources. I was drowning in a sea of Mike, Mike, mike, mIke, mikemikemikemike....near the end of Saturday.

#5 Even though I am tired, avoid F-bomb.
Reviewing the video, makes me wince a bit. I can do better than that. It was always used in a positive upbeat way, and never directed at anyone (just a personal style thing) but still sounds unprofessional on video.

Summary: A lot of work, but very much worth it. Can't wait to do it again in August for 'Its a Trap'

Game observations
posted 25 minutes ago by Mikhail H [ updated a minute ago ]

Game specifics.

What I learned:

Zombie stuff.
Works well at night, but TRY and get out of towners into a DAY Zombie game first, so they get a feel for the exposure of daytime attacks. locals play MOSTLY day games so we are used to it. Starting out of towners with the night version, spoils them for the day version and they get picked off. For day games run locals first to show that it CAN be done.

We also expanded the human occupation to perimeter and inside of B2, and allowed direct movement between both buildings above ground, and via west tunnel entrance direct to spider-hole underground route. This worked.

Tunnel Breaching.
Needs work. Maybe have defenders start in 'barracks' and not all on the field or ready to fire when breach out occurs. Smoke would help too.

Medic Cards.
For some reason local use did not expose the problem of 'time to read card' issue. Will review more locally. Like card addition but needs more trials.

CQB.
Full auto allowed into CQB? Locals say yes, Van says no. We went with NO during their Hostage games run in CQB, and with yes during rest of game. Will keep an eye on this.

Hostage Scenarios.
Very cool. Timer helped. Results in downtime for more than half of rabble...waiting to activate for all but last 5 minutes of game. Need Timer activate buttons on 3rd floor now too.

What I want to try:

Zombie stuff.
-Expand Human occupation to CQB Slums as well as B2.

-Multiple Zombie Respawn points. Allow Zombies to 'earn' more respawns point if they attack and take the Tunnels and the CQB Slum. Maybe radio that in or shout it out for other humans/zombies to know ("Zombies in the the Tunnels!") Change initial Zombie start and re-spawn to Blue re-spawn.

-New Zombie type: 'Runner'

Currently our zombies are tool using, fast moving, any shoot kills type. I propose a additional new flavour. Non-tool using, running, head shot only Zombies. Harder to kill, but no weapons. Knife kill only (or in this case 'bite').

This Zombie type activates 2 ways.

1) When Zombie activate at spawn point for first time (puts down gun and preps for the rush)

2) When a reqular Zombie kill happens THAT IS NOT A HEAD SHOT. (Body shot damages Zombie but can still run and bite) Zombie puts down his primary and begins move to attack humans. Apon kill retrieves his gun or respawns as 'Runner' (primary not needed) as player chooses.

This is at player discretion, and obviously full face protection is recommended.

Bite kills are soooo sweet!

Other player observations are most welcome. I cant think of everything and I certainly didn't see everything.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 8:28 pm

My new fav pic from the event:

MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 250689_10150203473389065_714764064_6939312_1721269_n

Its nice framing, shows the entrance to the tower, my last service rifle shoot result, my new CA M15A4 'C8', our chrono labeling method and the pretty blue ribbon in my braids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MayDay! MayDay! 2011   MayDay! MayDay! 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MayDay! MayDay! 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2