N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG

Go down 
+9
twsmith
=Daes=
killswitch-187
beach_boy
Knightwarrier
Aedomon
Hortons Heros
mr_buddley
Drache
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG   Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 10:22 pm

Pouch and box are a little different. Normally, you can't get a realistic PEQ that can house a large battery. However, with LIPO being introduced and more Chinese clones coming out, this may indeed be incorrect.

People used to use external pouches (think of a Molle mag pouch) and attach it to a sling or vest, then run external wire from their gun to pouch to battery. For instance, a slither stock M4 or a SIG 552 could only run a small 8.4v 600-800mAh battery. If you shoot a lot, or if it got cold you better bring a few.

PEQs are popping up all over the place now, and you can get a good looking functional one for pretty cheap. So long story short... pouch, ugly and reality does suffer, but cheap; PEQ, looks good, a bit more costly, but does the job well.
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: North Hart
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG   Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm

That's why I said suffers "a Bit" not necessarily a huge tumor the size of a medicine ball. I saw a REAL PEQ when I was in Calgary, It was half the size of a small cellphone. LiPo's are small, but not that small. My battery is a large one in a pouch but it's hardly noticeable. My gun was designed for the small types of batteries, the large ones won't fit inside without some major cutting. Though looking at a PEQ in wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/PEQ-2 that one looks much larger.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Knightwarrier_Forum
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG   Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 1:45 am

Oops, sorry Knight I think you may have misinterpreted my defense for you. I was just trying to help defend that there was a difference between pouches and PEQ's, that if you use a pouch that it realism does suffer, but a PEQ is the best of both worlds a bit more realistic and can hold large batteries.

Agreed that LIPOs are small, but not that small.
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: North Hart
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG   Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009, 12:58 am

I did find a manufacturer for CA that makes a stock that actually holds large batteries to keep it stock looking, but never followed up on it.(for the Scar-L) The M4 style guns have soooo many options for stock types etc. that can hold bigger batteries. I kinda want to wait a bit, since LiPo's are new and get some good long term reviews on the LiPo's vs. Gearboxes. My thought pattern running along the lines that the higher voltage = advanced gearbox failure. Funny part is a LiPo would drop right in my stock without any modding at all.....
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Knightwarrier_Forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG   Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3