N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?

Go down 
+5
Hortons Heros
mr_buddley
twsmith
Knightwarrier
Recon Kid
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Prince
Tags: ---Recon,Kid,Ghost,TJ

(marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? Empty
PostSubject: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 5:40 pm

I just wanna know what you guys think of Marpat and/or Multicam (those are the two im looking at). I'm not sure which way i should go. sorry if i start a debat lol.

My questions are

- is the camo a good all around (anytime) camo
- is it comfortable but durable?
- is it popular enough to find backpacks and or add-ons that would be the same patterns?
- which would you use for Prince George area.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70409&id=561352985&
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: North Hart
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 5:59 pm

If I could only afford one set of camo I would go MultiCam, my second choice would be Marpat. Since there is only Marpat available in town .... Both choices have extensive lines to accompany them, ie: vests, backpacks etc.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Knightwarrier_Forum
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 7:25 pm

It really depends on when and where you plan on using it. If you want a single do everything camo then you probably want something more universal like multicam or ACU (we found ACU pretty bright). If you want it for a wooded PG area with beetle kill then probably marpat or flecktarn. Depends on time of year as well as fall makes the brown camos even better for the PG area. I've found DPM, Cadpat and plain old woodland are really good for spring/summer in long lush grass with lots of deciduous trees & green coniferous trees.

Oh and I forgot, with all the cheap china clones you can find pretty much whatever camo you want for relatively cheap now.
Back to top Go down
mr_buddley
PG MEM
PG MEM
mr_buddley

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 10:25 pm

There is no single perfect camo, every pattern is a compromise. But I think you've picked two that are about as good as it gets for our area. I've used marpat for a couple of years, and it is by and large great for the thick woods--most of the year. Multicam is unbeatable in the spring and fall but--I think-- a bit light in summer (except in aspens). I probably will get some though because it really is pretty close to all-around. The more I see it the more I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 11:53 pm

Either one is great. I find that the cut of the multicam is usually better (nicer pockets, knee pad spots, manderin collar etc) but if you can get marpat in an ACU cut then I would go marpat. I find the darker colours make it harder to spot in our dense woods. Either way you are choosing a good camo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 1:49 pm

I have several camo patterns my self, and what I find it comes down to for me is this. Multicam is best for fall/early spring, Cadpat is best for summer (when every thing is green) And of coarse winter camo's are best for when there is alot of snow on the ground. If you are going with just one type of camo I'ld say use the marpat as it's a bit darker so you can use it in the spring summer and fall.
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 4:58 pm

Two camo's really hard to choose between them. I'm like Gryph and have both patterns. This time of the year multicam is probably better, but it's starting to green up out there. At the last game I don't think anyone "stood" out", though some "blended" better. Even the Tigerstripe that someone wore didn't stick out either. Most likely because the pattern did it's job to breakup the silhouette of the wearer. If you were wearing blue, or red or other non-environmental colors you would really stand out. As i do have several camo BDU's some things I only purchase in OD green like my tactical vest, that way it goes with any pattern I choose to wear. Eventually I will also purchase some tan boots(Maybe some OD ones) and a tan vest as well. But right now my kit is more or less complete.
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Player Info
Geo: Prince George, BC
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 9:40 pm

Yay my tigerstripe (and only BDU) didn't make me too visiable! lol
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 10:04 pm

it actually blended in quite well. I have a set just like it, I luv the pattern. Just there are other options. Actually, I'm wearing my tigerstripe right now! lol
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 10:28 pm

LOL Tigerstripe for the win!
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 3:14 am

lol wearing camo as normal cloths for the win! lol
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 10:34 am

I admit it, I AM a camo junkie!!!
Back to top Go down
zone 69
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
zone 69

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Player Info
Geo: K-TOWN...RATLAND

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 6:08 pm

Heres a pic that mite help you decide.
(marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? Camoq
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 7:59 pm

Bunny suit rocks!
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 9:18 pm

thats funny! LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 10:11 pm

The bunny suit is the perfect bdu for those who wish to fool your foes into thinking your just a harmless pink bunny on your daily stroll in search of carrots. But little do they realize your packing heat of the deadly kind! You can surprise your enemies within a blink of an eye while you unless furry fury on them!
Back to top Go down
NoGear
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 2:11 am

all he needs is a drum and hes all set
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 4:56 am

holy crap! didn't even see the guy to the left of the bunny! but the one in the middle has multicam right?
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 1:20 pm

What camo types are those from left to right?
cadpat
bunny
flectarn
multicam
flec again?
tiger
arid cadpat or marpat
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 1:56 pm

Blew up the pic and it looks like .... (left to right)

Cadpat Jacket with woodland pants
Pink Bunny
Flecktarn coat with cadpat pants
Multicam
Marpat
Urban Tigerstripe (Grey's and Black)
Digital desert(could be arid cadpat but doesn't look bright enough)
Back to top Go down
zone 69
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
zone 69

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Player Info
Geo: K-TOWN...RATLAND

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 3:01 pm

CADPAT
Bunny
Flecktarn or Vegetata???
Multicam
MARPAT
TigerStripe
Desert MARPAT
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 7:31 pm

did you see the sniper on the hill? ....................... jk
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 8:44 am

hey guys! Another newbish question for ya! i've been looking around online and i've been seeing two different color types for multi-cam. more desert color scheme and a more woodland color scheme.. is this just the work of some different lighting for camera angles or is this an actual fact that i have to take into account when buying BDU's..
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 12:12 pm

Hmmm don't think I've ever noticed that, there's cheap multicam versions and real licensed crye multicam. Propper, Tru_Spec(TRU line) and 4.2 tactical are all licensed crye multicam.

https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1091

I own a set of Propper, the quality is excellent. I got to choose between all three brands when I was in Calgary, got to feel the materials and try on all brands. The reason I went with the Propper was it fit my budget and they had my size. The 4.2 tactical WAS more expensive but I see on the website the price has come down. The tru-spec stuff was also excellent quality but the color of the velcro was a funny green instead if a desert color so I went with the Propper stuff. I used to buy cheap camo when I couldn't afford the good stuff, now most of it i use for work clothes because after two or three washes the colors have bled out like 50%. If you find camo in stores check the brands. Others out there such as Rothco are not bad for quality but can't seem to get the patterns right, Parklands and Mil-Specs are two good examples of quick faders. The colors just don't seen to hold in the fabric. If you are wondering pricing, the cheap stuff that is available in BC and Alberta stores are not that much cheaper than the GOOD stuff. For example Rothco, Parklands and Milspecs are often passed off as the better stuff and retail for about $60 a piece, if you are a good shopper you can find these brands for around $30. Here's some that I have found.

MultiCam

Kelowna Surplus - Propper $65 per piece he had a mix of acu cut and square pocket designs in stock.

Crown Surplus (Calgary) - Propper $70 per piece ACU Cut

Supply Sergeant (Edmonton Mall) - Propper $68 per. Square Pocket design. Tru_Spec $68 ACU cut.

Seals Action Gear (Calgary) - 4.2 Tactical $89 (really High Q)

........... hmmm odd, Daves Tactical in Vancouver does not list ANY bdu's?

Ok on to Marpat....

Practical Tactical (PG) - Tru Spec $50 per. Square Pocket Design.

Seals Action Gear (Calgary) - Tru-Spec TRU line $59 ACU Cut (I own a set of these) also cheaper than when I bought mine.

Crown Surplus (Calgary) - Propper $70 per (Color looks kinda funny - bright in the greens - bought one ...)

Kelowna Surplus - I believe Albert had both brands $59 for the square pocket stuff and $60 for the ACU cut. (don't trust the prices on his website, he never updates it and if you go to the store it's usually a lot cheaper)

Hope that will help you a bit, since I have been to all these stores lately except Dave's in Vancouver. I've actually been to many others but not really worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? EmptyMon 08 Jun 2009, 12:22 pm

this is the BDU i seriously wanna get. when i have the money of course. but still lol. I just noticed it looked different then a shirt i was looking at (to go over the turtle grey), that i thought was MC as well.. who knows..

heres the BDU
http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=62_34&products_id=1339&osCsid=bc086d29f8d3882c12fbd1d4ac51a849

heres the shirt
http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=62_34&products_id=833&osCsid=bc086d29f8d3882c12fbd1d4ac51a849
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?   (marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use? Empty

Back to top Go down

(marpat vs. multicam) Which should one use?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next