N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Everyone.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dankernut
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-06

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 11:34 pm

Hey guys,

New to the site and soon to be airsoft. My friend and I have been playing paintball for close to 8 years and decided to try airsoft for multiple reasons. Just thought I'd look for a group around PG and post my first question.

My friend and I are looking for our first guns and would love to get a couple of nice spring snipers, problem is I keep finding ones I like but I cannot get them in Canada. So if you guys could suggest some good guns for us. We are willing to spend up to $400 each.

Thanks guys and we look forward to future games.
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Prince George, BC
Tags: ---

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyThu 07 Apr 2011, 12:59 am

Hey there and welcome! First thing I would recommend off the bat, is get an AEG (Assault rifle) instead of a sniper. I mean if you really wanted to go with a sniper style gun that's fine, but you'll have a lot more fun with an AEG. Not only that but a lot of the game types we do seem to work better with AEG's at the moment. Can't go wrong with anything made by Classic Army, TM (Tokyo Marui), SRC. Basically comes down to what type of gun your looking to run and if you want to make a project out of it or not. I highly suggest checking out some of the stores we have linked in the "Links" section. Anyways this is just my too cents. Feel free to ask more questions and again Welcome! Hope to see you guys at some games!
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Player Info
Geo: Local

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyThu 07 Apr 2011, 5:15 am

First off, welcome to the sport of airsoft, i hope you enjoy it.

To get a airsoft sniper rifle shooting consistent enough to warrant using one over an aeg would cost a lot more then your budget allows. Out of the box sniper rifles don't shoot any better then an aeg in most cases.

I personally enjoy the Dedicated Marksmen role, which is basically a Recon/Sniper role but using a Automatic Rifle. I'm currently using a upgraded AK47, with a 4x Acog scope to attend to my needs. That way i'm not stuck doing nothing in a game that isn't right for Snipers.

Hortons Heros on this forum does rentals at each of our games if you'd like to try it out before purchasing anything yourself. He mostly has AKs. And i'm sure most of us wouldn't mind letting you guys test fire our weapons to get a feel of what's out there.

But if you're dead set on the sniper role with the sniper rifles, the only 2 that are readily available online in Canada are the L96 and he VSR-10. If you are 18+ you can be age verified on Airsoft Canada and that will get you access to the classifieds part of the forum. There's a good chance you can find some used, but already upgraded, sniper rifles for a decent price. Horton also can do the Age Verification if needed. FYI don't expect to get any help on ASC about guns unless you are age verified, they are incredibly strict about it.

Hope that helps some, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Tags:

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyThu 07 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

Hey there,

https://pgairsoft.forumotion.com/t554-what-do-i-need-how-much-to-start

Read through this and it will give you some ideas as well.

We should meet up soon so I can get your info and age verify you for airsoftcanada.com It takes a few mins for me to take names etc.There are dozens of retailers on there and around 20 pages of used guns for sale in Canada.

I would strongly recommend starting with something electric and full auto to start then getting a single shot rifle if you feel it's needed. Most don't go with the single shot rifles because they shoot around 400-450 fps while the electrics can do 370-400 on full auto. The range you get from the the extra FPS isn't enough to let you outrange anyone and as soon as they spot you they can easily hold you down with continuous fire. Especially with a $400 budget don't go sniper first.

Like they said I have rentals so you can try something out (just click on the link below) and people are more than happy to let others try their guns at games. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Player Info
Geo: Prince George

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyThu 07 Apr 2011, 1:07 pm

welcome to PG! Not all of us are partial to AEG's, I'm one of the few that no longer owns electric guns and I've switched over to Gas. Horton over there thinks I'm nuts but I love my pistols with a passion and 25 rounds per second just puts a smile on your face.

but you might be getting the idea that we don't have any snipers in the club Razz

if you want an AEG that can be turned into a DMR (dedicated markman rifle) or full on sniper, look for guns like the M16, M14, SIG 556 (good luck finding one, I just sold mine a month ago and it was the only one for sale in Canada) or G36 full length version which can be turned into.

you might also want to look into bullpup rifles such as the FS2000, AUG, P90, L85 and the like. The reason for the bullpup suggestion is shorter length and better handling with the same longer barrel.

now, one more thing I'd like to say is that my primary gun is a glock 18c, that thing has a barrel barely longer than my hand is wide and I can still reliably hit targets at 50 feet, which is a long engagement distance for airsoft. Since the rounds are plastic and most people don't shoot anything heavier than .28g your accuracy will start to suck and get very badly effected by wind. Getting a gun that can shoot accurate enough to overcome this will take a ton of money. Also keep in mind we have FPS restrictions here in the club.
Back to top Go down
Dankernut
NIA New
NIA New

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 12:12 am

Ya Horton we will have to set up a time for verification. Thanks everyone. Me and my friend are looking into getting electric markers as well. I do understand that sniper rifles will not shoot any farther than the other markers, I am just more interested in the bolt action aspect of it. What do you guys mean by making a project?
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Player Info

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 12:53 am

Glad we could help, a project gun is generally the gun you currently own, but are always improving upon it with upgrades and modifications. Otherwise it's just your gun Smile

Currently my AK is my project gun as it is yet to be "finished" in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Phat Chocobo
Admin
Admin
Phat Chocobo

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Player Info
Geo: Prince George, BC

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 1:33 am

In other words Project gun meaning upgrades, upgrades and moar upgrades!
Back to top Go down
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Player Info
Geo: Prince George

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 3:38 am

or more that stock guns can be pretty bad and people just dump money into it to make it amazing. Lucius is an excellent example. His gun started as a kraken, but I'm pretty sure the only thing stock about it is the gearbox...
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Player Info

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 7:10 am

Actually....Not even that. It has a KA 7mm Gearbox, spring is still stock and so is the piston..i think.

But i just got a slew of new parts to put in. Modify Smooth Nano Torque Gearset the modular ones, Modify Ultra Piston, Modify Aluminum Piston Head, Prometheus Hopup, Modify S120+ Spring, and a Sorbo Pad. I hope the 120+ isn't too strong, but i will find out.

So the only stock parts that'll be left in or on the gun will be....

Charge Handle
Stock and grips
Cylinder
Hopup chamber
Iron Sights
Trigger
Outer Barrel and Gas tube or w/e it's called.

I think that's it. But yeah, project gun...lol.
Back to top Go down
Dankernut
NIA New
NIA New

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:16 pm

Do you guys know where I can get a Tokyo Marui VSR-10?
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Player Info

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 1:30 am

Generally on the ASC Classifieds, but i just checked and couldn't really find any that weren't already sold. I did see one in the retailer section, but it was a stainless steal finish...i bit shiny i think, and $800.

So currently a TM VSR-10 is gonna be difficult to find. Once you are Age Verified you can keep an eye out, or post up in the Wanted Section. If after some time you haven't found one, you could ask the forum members if they know anywhere to get one. I have personally not found a site that has a TM VSR-10 in Canada. Also one of the retailers, might be able to get on in legally. But none of that can happen till you're verified unfortunately, like i said before ASC has very strict access rules for 'underage' Airsofters. So anyone not verified is assumed a child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone.   Hey Everyone. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: The Club :: Introductions-
Jump to: