N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MP5 won't shoot...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptyFri 13 Oct 2006, 4:17 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm asking you guys here because I still have to work a few things out with the guy who I got this from, but I'll see what you guys say before getting flamed on ASC or something.

Okay so I opened up a box today containing a MP5 SD6/A4/whatever... the guy gave me so much mod stuff it's ridiculous. Anyways, I charged up the battery, a 9.6v whatever Mah, with dean connections, and after a little modification to be able to charge, I charged her up. I threw it on the gun and let a test shot go. Nice clean hard shot, sounded normal and everything, and so I grabbed the foregrip, and attached it. I went over to the can I that I was going to chrono with and... the trigger was dead. As in no sound no nothing. I pulled the trigger and nothing happened.

So I opened up the foregrip thinking it just disconnected and nothing, it was all good and not disconnections. So I wiggled it around and still nothing. So I went and grabbed my 8.6v battery for my M4 and threw it on it, still nothing. So then... man, I grabbed my M4 and tested both batteries on it, and both work flawlessly.

I took the MP5 apart, and checked over everything, looking for any broken or disconnected parts and nothing. It is an upgraded gun, and looks very new as in, as new as Simon's just with an upgraded Gearbox/Tune up, and a stiffer spring.

Let me know what you guys think it is, oh and I even tried to switchout motors with my M4, but I'm not sure if I did that properly.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Number of posts : 251

Player Info
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptyFri 13 Oct 2006, 6:06 pm

did u check the motor and the connection?
Back to top Go down
http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptyFri 13 Oct 2006, 7:41 pm

Chinese, I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for on the motor. The connections seem fine but I really have no idea, I'm taking it to Wiseowl[bloodsport] on Sunday, granted I find a ride, to make sure nothing majorly wrong, but I'd still like to see what can be done before then.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 12:35 pm

It's definatly electrical. I would give the guy a PM saying that is has issues and you are going to take it to a gun doctor to see how major they are. Check every connection (like you already have) and try some new batteries in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 8:20 pm

Done and done...
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 9:10 pm

Make sure the polarity on the battery is correct. I used a large battery with my G36 once, and just jammed the small connector from the gun onto the large battery connector. It turns out that the small and large batteries reverse the polarity on the round/square connectors. When I had the battery in with the polarity backwards it fired one shot and then quit firing. I then flipped the connector around to make sure the red wire on the battery went to the red wire on the gun and voila, fired no problem.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 9:14 pm

Good thinkin Smith, although unless the guy's an idiot, it would be quite hard put it on wrong because its a dean connection. I think I have that right. But I'll see what I can do. There's another guy here that owns a MP5 so I'll swap some parts out and see if they work in his.

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 9:17 pm

He may also have hooked up the connections to the motor backwards which could have the same result.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 9:28 pm

Smith, the ideas you gave me were so good that I tried them right away, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm taking it to Bloodsport(ASC) tomorrow sometime and he's going to check over it, but unfortunatly the only gun doc in Sask is at basic training or something... dang
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 9:48 pm

Damn it sounded just like my problem. Sad

When you pull the motor out, can you reconnect the connections and try pulling the trigger to see if it'll spin just the motor? If the motor will turn with every trigger pull then it's likely something in the mechbox. When I took apart my UTG MP5 and put the gears into my SRC M4, they didn't work 100% and they jammed the piston. I highly recommend upgrading the piston when you upgrade the gears, preferably all from the same manufacturer. Smile
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 10:09 pm

I'll try that, but when I pull the trigger it's completely dead, so I would think it's a connection somewhere, but yah, there's no response at all when the trigger is pulled...
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2005-10-25

Player Info
Geo: Downtown
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySat 14 Oct 2006, 11:42 pm

fuse ? lol!
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySun 15 Oct 2006, 12:55 am

There is none...
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2005-10-25

Player Info
Geo: Downtown
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySun 15 Oct 2006, 1:28 pm

did you try if you have current at the motor ? with a simple tester. If you have current when you press the trigger, your motor's dead. If you don't, it can be anything...
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... EmptySun 15 Oct 2006, 6:09 pm

Alrighty... so today I took the gun to Kip (wiseowl/bloodsport) and he took a look at it... all it was, was a connection that needed to be resotered. So things are all good and hey I kind of learned how to crack a mech box!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MP5 won't shoot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 won't shoot...   MP5 won't shoot... Empty

Back to top Go down

MP5 won't shoot...
Page 1 of 1