N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hortons Gun Doctoring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

Hortons Gun Doctoring Empty
PostSubject: Hortons Gun Doctoring   Hortons Gun Doctoring EmptyWed 03 Jan 2007, 3:49 pm

CAN DO
V1-Famas
V2-MP5, M4/16, G3, Scar
V3-AK, G36, AUG, MP5, 556
V6-Tommy Guns, P90's

Willing to learn
V4-PSG1
V5-UZI
V7-M14

I am willing to do bushing and spring upgrades up to 350 fps. Over this power other things can go wrong with the gear box so I will not go over that.

NOTE If you wisely choose your parts I am willing to do upgrades over 350 as long as you realize that things wear down faster. I will work with you bringing in parts if you need help but don't use my genorocity if you know where to buy parts from.

In terms of fixing miss feeding guns and other problems I'll see what I can do if you bring it over.

If anyone wants to learn or see a box open up give me a shout and we can upgrade you gun together so you learn.

RECOMENDED UPGRADES
-metal bushings-TM's have plastic ones that slow everything down. Metal bushings last longer, are stronger and help your gun run faster in some cases making it easier on the battery.
-Upgraded spring-stock guns shoot around 280 fps. Changing the spring can boost your FPS to whatever you want but it is recomened not to go over 340-360 fps without changing your gears out for something stonger. Just remember the club rules for Joule limits
-changing hop-up rubber-if you are having feeding issues it is often the hop-up rubber that causes such problems. This is an easy enough job and is fairly cheap.
-feeding nozzle-another cause of feeding issues and an easy piece to replace to up your FPS without causing extra gearbox wear
-Piston head-recomended (by DB19) to lessen gearbox noise, better seal (more FPS) and less wear on gear box.

INSTOCK/ORDERED

Springs Tested with my AUG shooting 286 on stock spring. The FPS will lower with time but these are what they came out to new. The should settle down by 10-20fps from use and even more if you leave the spring compressed overnight.
Guarder SP100 (400fps) spring-$28 installed
Guarder SP90 (330-350) springs-$25 installed
Gaurder SP85 (300-315) springs-$25 installed

Gears and related
1 set (3 gears) of stock TM-$30 installed
Guarder Shim Set-if we need them they are cheap
steel bushing set ver.2/ver.3-$25 installed

Misc parts
Mad Bull Hop Up Sleeve and Bucking $8 installed
Systema polycarbonate piston--$30 installed

Happy Customers-
Buddley
Smith
Snafu
Killswitch
mike-killswitches buddy
Frag
Dirtnap
Jensen

Last edited by Hortons Heros on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:01 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hortons Gun Doctoring   Hortons Gun Doctoring EmptySun 07 Jan 2007, 4:23 pm

From talking to ILLusion last night I got this info. The P90 box should be pretty similair to the V2,V3 and like all good bullpups it's only two screws and the whole box falls right out...GO BULLPUPS!!

Compatibility: BY ILLusion off of ASC

Piston: v2, 3, 6 (some pistons are v6 specific)
Version 7 is specific, although v2, 3 & 6 can be modified

Gears, v2, 3, 6. v7 is unique.

Piston head: Compatible across all versions.

Spring guide: all versions specific. Some manufacturers/models allow v2 & 6 to swap. Some allow v 6&7 to swap. Some allow v2 & 8 to swap.

Springs: All version specific (minus PSG-1)

Anti-Reversal Latch:
v2&3
v6
v7

Cylinder Head:
All versions specific

Nozzle: platform specific

Tappet Plate: All version specific

Cylinder: v2, 3, 6, 8 compatible
v7 specific

Not sure what it is you're looking for exactly, so that's just some stuff I've listed off the top of my head. If you're more specific, I can be more specific.

There is some gearbox information that I did not list due to unfamiliarity with them, such as version 1, 5 & 8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I know, all ICS and TM parts are interchangeable, except for the anti-reversal latch. ALL TM compatible latches can fit in ICS, but the ICS latch can not fit in to a TM gearbox (or clone) without destructive mods applied to the shell.

TM compatible bushings are a little bit tight fitting in to ICS shells, but it's doable.

As far as I know, all bearing/bushings are cross compatible except for version 6. Version 6 is unique.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hortons Gun Doctoring   Hortons Gun Doctoring EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 10:43 pm

I Can Do:
V2-MP5, M4/16, G3
V3-AK, G36, AUG, MP5k
V7- M14

Specialized in ICS split box, and other V2 boxes.

I am willing to help you bring those guns up to any specified FPS, however, I will not if the parts that I request are not purchased. What this basically means is that I will not help you if you do not take my advice.

I take no responsiblity in parts breaking, and if this occurs we will come to some sort of agreement. I will take care when working with your guns and report any problems in the procedure; I will treat it as if it were mine.

I will do my best fixing miss feeds, hop up and fps loss problems.

I will only do in town upgrades, and request that you come along so you can see and learn for yourself.

Please note that I will do my best fixing your guns, but do realize that sometimes issues just cannot be worked out. Part buying will be the responsibility of the customer, as I do not have anything in stock at the moment.

Thanks,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hortons Gun Doctoring   Hortons Gun Doctoring Empty

Back to top Go down

Hortons Gun Doctoring
Page 1 of 1