N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie Empty
PostSubject: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptyThu 23 Aug 2007, 12:12 am

Hey guys, I've set up another game for Sunday Sept. 16th at Northern Lights Paintball in Grande Prairie. Here's the premise:

American troops have been bogged down in Iraq since 2003 fighting insurgency. Since the Iraqi military machine (estimated to have once been the 6th largest in the world) has been completely neutralized in 2003, the U.S. and coalition troops have been doing a clean-up job of former Iraqi leaders and foreign Islamic extremists bent on their destruction. This has not, however, been going to plan as it has taken 4 years to even begin to start dismantling the insurgency with no end in sight. The main dangers facing troops and civilian contractors in Iraq has been IEDs and small bands of insurgents using small arms and occasionally left-over militaria from the former Iraqi Army. The job of stopping the bloodshed is a daily battle with casualties on all sides.

The insurgent's mission is to destroy either the coalition troops or their civillian contractors by any means available.

The coalition's mission is to stop the insurgents at all costs and protect the civilians.

The civilian security contractor's mission is to protect their assigned VIP (at all costs) and nothing else.

This game will be based on a points system. Each team will have objectives that they must obtain to receive points. Different teams will have vastly different objectives occuring all the same time. Points values will vary depending on the objectives and teams. The team at the end of the day with the most points will win a case of Metal Tech BBs (24 bags) to be distributed amongst the team. Losing teams receive nothing.

Teams

Insurgents.

As an insurgent, you will have access to crude yet effective weapons designed to cause mass damage to your enemies. These will be small arms, as well as IEDs. You may deploy them as you see fit to cause as much carnage as you are able. You will have will be limited to the amount of ammo you can carry on you as being in mags only with no field re-loading.You will have a short walk to a designated re-spawn point where you can instantly re-spawn and reload. You will not be wearing any camo at all, but you can use whatever gear or weapons you want to kill the infidels!

U.S. and coalition troops.

As an American fighting troop you will have only current U.S. patterns, specifically MARPAT woodland, desert or ACU. As the British are part of this coalition, DPM will be acceptable as well. If you have an entire team outfitted with Tigerstripe or old woodland, we can make a squad for you. You will be limited to as much ammo as you can carry, but only in mags. No field re-loading except at your designated re-spawn points. You will also have a medic rule instituted for you.

Civilian security contractors.

As a civilian security contractor, you can wear anything you like. If you want to wear camo, Multicam or anything other than American or British patterns will be allowed. But, what one wears all should be wearing, as you will all be working as a team. You will also be limited to whatever ammo you can carry on you in mags, no field re-loading except at your mission start point. You will have no medic rules and when you are hit, you will return to your mission start point and wait for your next mission to begin. These will occur regularly, so you won't be out for long.

Civilian contractor.

You job is a courier. You will not be armed except for a sidearm. Your job will be the delivery of parcels, all the while protected by security contractors. You will have a monotonous job, but the pay is well and there's always going to be a little action for you. If you are killed on the job, your security detail will have have to start it's next mission immediately. You will restart with them.

General Rules:

FPS limits:
There will be no FPS limits for sniper rifles. As there are some areas with long shots to make and some areas where close battles will occur, you will be limited only by distance. The velocity of your gun is the determining factor. 500+ FPS sniper rifles (pretty much all gas rifles) will be limited to 100 foot engagements. Sub-500 FPS rifles will be limited to 50 foot engagements. I will have to know you personally and you will need to be an experienced player to even be allowed to use a sniper rifle at all, regardless of velocity. AEGs will be limited to 430 fps maximum for all guns, full or semi auto. Gas pistols or artillery will not be subject to limits for velocity or energy as they are rarely at 400 fps as it is.

Magazines:
There will be no limit to your magazines. You may use high-caps or low caps, but all your ammo must be in mags. No field reloading for anyone. Re-spawns will be used for re-loading. If you run out of ammo, you can borrow mags, or call yourself out to re-load at your spawn. This applies to SAWs as well. If you have several box mags, bring them, or re-load at your spawn if necessary.

IED's:
These are going be employed by the insurgents to kill as many infidels as possible to glorify Allah. They will be limited in number, will be non-explosive (for safety reasons) and will have the ability to be disarmed. They can be deployed anywhere and used at any time. Kill radius will be 10m with no medic options.

Hits:
Gun hits will not count for this game. Nor will there be mercy rules, as Allah does not allow mercy for the infidels. Knife kills are silent kills. Do not yell hit but rather walk back in shame to your re-spawn point. If you are close range and have a definite drop on your enemy, a body or better an ass-cheek shot will suffice. Ricochets do not count but overhead showers from artillery will count.

Grenades:
There will be 2 types of grenades in use at this game. One is a pyro grenade that many have seen before. This will only be used for anti-personal kills for room clearing, or group kills should you get lucky. The other grenade is a paintball grenade. This grenade will eject a small amount of paint. This is an anti-material device and will be used to render buildings and vehicles as un-usable for the duration of the game. Kill radius for a pyro grenade (or paintball if you're too slow) will be 5m or the building or vehicle you are in.

Artillery:
Bring it if you have it. It can be anti-personal or anti-material depending on what you have.

Cost:
This game will cost $30/person. Why so much? Well, with the cost of field rentals going up these days, I have no choice. But, to offset the high cost, each player will be issued (1) paintball grenade and you will have a chance for your team to win a case of Metal Tech BBs. Extra grenades may be available depending on how many people sign up. And the BB's are donated for this event with much thanks to Frank at Splatter Paintball.

Times:
This game is scheduled for a 12:00 noon start on Sunday Sept. 16th. It's scheduled stop time will be 5:00, but may continue for a bit if guys are game for it. Try to be there a minimum of 1 hour before for gear-up and team briefings. I would like to start this one at noon precisely.

Northern Lights Paintball in Grande Prairie. Many of you guys have already been there, but PM me for directions.

Sign-ups:
Sign up for whatever team you want, just follow the camo restrictions for that team. I will not be playing this game but will be the on-site admin. If nobody wants to be the civilian contractor/target, I can fill that role as well. You can sign up here by posting you or your team and where you want to play. The master list will be kept at the GP Airsoft section of ASC and other sites will be updated periodically.

Recommended equipment:
Bring food, water and batteries with you on the field. Try not to stop your play to return to the safe zone unless it's absolutely necessary (dead gun, injury, etc). You should also try to bring an FRS/GMRS radio for team contact and to contact the admin.

Safety Requirements:
Eyewear is very important. Only ANSI-rated ballistic eyewear will be allowed. You can wear saftey glasses if you like, but they must have a good seal around the nose bridge and eye socket. Sealed goggles are highly recommended and mandatory if you wear prescription eyeglasses.

There will be no firing of guns in the safe area. A spot will be provided for any pre/post game firing. Guns will be on safe and mags removed in the safe zone, holstered pistols excepted.

So sign up and hope to see you guys out there!!

Brad
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptyWed 05 Sep 2007, 1:25 pm

I should be attending along with a couple more players from the Chetwynd / Hudsons Hope area. Any PG / Mackenzie players plan on making the trip?
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: The Cariboo!
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptyWed 05 Sep 2007, 1:33 pm

None from Quesnel that I know of, we're either working or in my case moving.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptySat 08 Sep 2007, 12:05 am

Crap!!!! I thought it was a Saturday game. Looks like I'm going to Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie TFlakeDarkhighres1
BAH! Sorry guys I never even thought that it would be on anything but a Saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Jeff_Brooks
NIA New
NIA New
Jeff_Brooks

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptySat 08 Sep 2007, 8:26 pm

Shit...That would be fun to go to plus I could visit some friends while I'm there but I dunno if I'm gonna have the money to go...payday was yesterday and all that should be going to bill's, next payday is the 21st....dang. The part of Civillian contractor seems fun Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptySat 08 Sep 2007, 10:30 pm

IF you ever get the chance to catch a GP game they have quite the reputaion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie EmptySun 09 Sep 2007, 1:29 am

Well boys, I have my IEDs ready and I'm taking one down to Edmonton for a game tomorrow, as a bit of a teaser. I didn'y realize how loud they are (non-explosive), so they're sure scare the crap out of the first poor sap to get nailed with it.

And they can be disarmed, but not in the obvious way. Should add a little extra spice to the game.

And they don't call me macguyver because I look like Richard Dean Anderson.

Hope to see some of you out there (that was directed at YOU Dave). But if you can't come, no worries. There's always next year. Perhaps I'll break with tradition and do a spring openner instead of a fall game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie   Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Babylon Rising Sept. 16th Grande Prairie
Page 1 of 1