N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft Empty
PostSubject: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 11:39 pm

If I give false info I give permission for any experienced airsofters or real world soldiers permission to flame away but to the rest of you keep your comints to your self as you obivously know less on the sobject then my! lol!

Anyways I was looking at some airsoft sights when I found a couple of SVDs for sale most on hold and I happened to notice something, They are all bolt action. This may not seem like much except that the real SVD is semi automatick. I'm just wondering but if your going to take a real world sniper rifle and turn it into an airsoft gun don't you want to stay as close to the real thing as possible? The SVD is one of the few rifles in the world to have been desined and created with the sole intint of being used as a sniper rifle, and is know for being semi auto. part of this is soposed to be the modern comunist idea of sniping wich is aimed long distance shooting not the high persition shooting used be western snipers. The western sniper is soposed to be efective out to 800 yards or 1000 + with a 50 cal. The real world SVD is efective out around 650 max with a 2 moa. vr. 1/4 moa of western sniper rifles. moa is a means of measuring acuracy wich is compounded with distance. 1 moa = 1" at 100y. 3"at 300y. 5" at 500y. ect. anyways back on target. it is a magor disadvantage in air soft to be shooting bolt action, it doesn't affect your acuracy but it greatly decreases your rate of fire, something the SVD is knowen for with a 30 round per min. unamed fire, a rate much higher then any bolt action sniper rifle. with real steal rifles bolt actions are knowen for high acuracy and semi auto guns have a reputation with some as amo wasters, in airsoft the action doesn't seem to afect the acuracy and you want a high rate of fire, so again the question arisses why make the airsoft SVD bolt action it doesn't feal like the real thing slows your rate of fire and just doesn't seem right.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 1:44 am

I was always under the impression that the SVD was a springer... just like the APS series, besides the AK's that guys mod into a SVD...
Back to top Go down
Jackboot
PG MEM
PG MEM
Jackboot

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2006-06-15

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: hubert rd. PG
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 10:57 am

I think G&P makes a semi-auto gas Dragunov. The bolt action ones are all springers.
Back to top Go down
gm_gunner
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
gm_gunner

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2005-10-28

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptyMon 20 Nov 2006, 12:04 pm

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the SVD, or the Dragunov, they are the same rifle...as for some of the facts, the SVU is known to have a 30rpm rate of fire, with an automatic upgrade. Also the effective range is 800+m, with a maximum range of 1300m. The SVDS is a gas powered rifle semi-auto, yes, but it only carries a 10 round mag...have a look through what Wikipedia has...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_Sniper_Rifle
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptyMon 20 Nov 2006, 9:53 pm

There is no way any one will conisitantly hit a man size target at 1300m. with a 2 moa. rifle. I'm taking my info from a book called the Ultimate Sniper, It is writen by a sniper who has instructed in several diferent snipper courses from police/civilian to military, along with spending about ten years I beleave on active duty in warzones. this book has a complete break down on the SVD from it's differnt scopes that its fitted with to the ammo it shots. It's main scope is a 4X it's night vission scope is only affective to 450y. That and the soviets don't provide they're snipers with quality ammo to shot. Acording to the book I've referd to the soviets training has them shoot a variety of ammo Tracers to standard rounds to armour penetration with out making any corection for the differint balistics that these bullets have. an example is would be adjusting your hop up for .2 and then shooting .12 or .25 without making any changes.
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2005-10-25

Player Info
Geo: Downtown
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptyMon 20 Nov 2006, 10:22 pm

Well, first of all the SVD Dragunov is not a sniper rifle : it's a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) and is made for accurate shooting up to 600m and target of opportunity up to 800m. Remember that it's for the military : accurate shooting means "human size target" lol!
A DM is included in a combat group, he is not a sniper. It's usually the best shoot of the group with a little more instruction on his weapon and his role.

Wikipedia is a little optimist on this number : at 1300m the 7.62x54 has probalbly less energy than a BB from our gun Cool and arrive almost vertically on target (= somewhere around 200 MOA correction scratch )

In fact we have an old weapon + an old ammo + the well known quality of soviet product = a POS jocolor I'm sure any hunting rifle can do better !
And even if the main idea is the same (semi-auto, old rifle, old ammo...) do not dare to compare the SVD with the M21 !!! Twisted Evil

back on topic : most airsoft SVD are springers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptyTue 21 Nov 2006, 12:14 am

Question for you Frag how many times have you seen a pic. of some guy with an SVD and he's put an RPK bibod on it? don't they teach these guys any thing about barel harmonics, its bad enough that its imposible to free float the SVD but then you get some guy puting a bibod directly on to the barel can you say bad vibration. (For anyone who doesn't understand what I'm talking about, when a bullet is fired it creates a vibration in the barel. If the barel is free floated, not touching any where on the gun except where its attached to the action ect., the vibration will all ways be the same meaning consistent affect on the bullet. The second something touches the barrel it changes the vibration and it will be different every time it fires. This has a much bigger affect then most people would believe.
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2005-10-25

Player Info
Geo: Downtown
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 9:18 pm

I can see you did your homework Very Happy
You're right, a bipod on a sniper rifle is a sin...on a DMR if it's not touching the barrel, it can be usefull (not for shooting, more for resting the gun when you can't carry it), on a SVD...who cares lol!
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 6:28 pm

Got a thank that Ultimate Sniper book I read. Frag I'm going back to Calgary on wednesday and I'll probably swing by the store I bought it in. If they have another copy do you want me to pick it up for you I think it was about $80 when I got mine could have been a little more. I'm only asking cause I remember you were enteristed in it when you saw it in my car after one of the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft   SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft Empty

Back to top Go down

SVD soviet sniper rifle in airsoft
Page 1 of 1