N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barrel Caps/covers

Go down 
+4
=FRAG=
Gryph
beach_boy
Hortons Heros
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Barrel Caps/covers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel Caps/covers   Barrel Caps/covers - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 2:34 pm

I will concede that barrel condoms can enhance safety, but I think our biggest safety risk is that people are test-firing in/near the safe zone. Barrel condoms are not going to prevent that from happening.

We need to be stricter with our safe zone rules and actually mark it out with flagging tape or something to identify it. Even at Busters we could park 2 vehicles apart and have the area in between as the designated safe zone. Flagging tape tied between the bumpers could actually mark it off so a person would have to consciously attempt to enter/leave the safe zone.

We also have a bit of a problem in that the parking area is kind of in the middle of our play area. Maybe we should look at designating a certain spot as a permanent safe zone outside the play area where people can go if they need to remove goggles for some reason and don't want to interrupt the game or where non-combatants can remain and be safe from stray bb's.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Caps/covers   Barrel Caps/covers - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 4:40 pm

I don't know why we always park right in the middle like that. If you take a right at the top of busters there are some areas down there that are good for parking and way of out the way. I like the idea of roping off a safe zone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
mr_buddley
PG MEM
PG MEM
mr_buddley

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Caps/covers   Barrel Caps/covers - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 Dec 2006, 6:09 pm

We call it a culture of safety at work. this means that in all of our actions with the guns, we consider what can happen if it was to fire--both in and out of games.
I think that 3 levels of safety can be built:
1. Safe zone, located to physically separate players from flying BBs. mags are never in, safetys always on and caps, sock etc always on. Goggles are not mandatory. I don't think this zone should be the re-spawn
2. shooting gallery, located next to the safe zone. Goggles always on, mags in and shooting allowed, but controlled an in a safe direction (away from the palying area). NO human tagets.
3. playing zone-play area. Goggles always on. within this area safteys still used when going to and fro, and barrel covers on when exiting area. Players with barrel covers of a sort are not viable targets.

The tough part is making a safe zone that is actually safe during a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Caps/covers   Barrel Caps/covers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barrel Caps/covers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2