N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boredom - ICS M4 question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Boredom - ICS M4 question Empty
PostSubject: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyWed 01 Mar 2006, 2:42 pm

This sucks, I'm going to miss the next game because of work and I'm stuck here for 12 hours of boredom. It's too damn quiet here today, I wish something would break. Anyone have anything interesting to discuss?

I'm trying to figure out a way to convince my wife that I still need to get a full metal ICS M4. I'm thinking the full stock version because I already have the SRC with the collapsible stock. Any opinions? Anyone know if the ICS M4 takes the same mags as the TM and SRC?

Oh well, hopefully someone is as bored as I am and has time to respond and help kill a few moments of my boredom. Smile

ttyl

Wayne
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

PostSubject: ICS M4   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyWed 01 Mar 2006, 4:23 pm

As far as i know...the ICS does take tm mags....i've also heard that the internals of the ICS aren't that great. The best person to talk to would be Yuu cuz he had owned one before and he had problems with the hop-up...i think...pm kevin and he'll have all ur answers to ur questions

Geoff

*edit* i don't know anything about the src mags...sorry
Back to top Go down
http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyWed 01 Mar 2006, 6:06 pm

They just arn't as reliable as the TM's. I forget if frag has a G&P or a G&G but his had problems too. They have so much power that they tend to break allot faster...just like most upgraded guns.

Even though they are full metal they are pot metal which makes them more prone to breaking. The full metal ICS mp5 I ordered broke in the mail, metal tabs that were quite thick. The plastics that are used on the TM are more easily repaired and probably just as strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyWed 01 Mar 2006, 7:49 pm

I gotta be careful what I wish for on this forum. All hell broke loose after I complained about the boredom here at work. Generators started tripping off and I was busy for 4 hours or so.

Anyway, thanks for the input on the ICS. Maybe I'll hold off for a bit before getting another gun. I like the full metal, but reliability is definitely more important, I learned that the hard way with the SRC. If I get a TM, most of my SRC parts are supposed to work with it so it'd be a good cheap source of parts. Smile

Take care.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: M4   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyThu 02 Mar 2006, 12:42 am

hey wayne,

mind you, TM has just came out with the new M4...there is no more barrel wobble cuz of the one piece aluminum barrel, the receiver tabs are reinforced by metal and it comes with a 6 point stock...i think...but the stock is definately different....i suggest saving up and buying the new tm m4
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyThu 02 Mar 2006, 12:58 am

Wayne doesn't your SRC have a crane stock? Why go with an ugly full stock? I agree with Chinese_gunman, go with the new TM. And throughout my research I believe to have read that the SRC mags are the same as TM's.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyThu 02 Mar 2006, 9:38 pm

That new TM sounds pretty sweet, I'll have to check it out. I'm thinking full stock because I want to be able to use a large battery like in my AK. I'm not sure that the SRC has a crane stock, I think just a 6 position collapsible, because I believe the crane has room for a battery.
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: crane stock   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyFri 03 Mar 2006, 2:52 am

this is wat a crane stock looks like

Boredom - ICS M4 question Gp370nb7kl.th
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: crane stock   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyFri 03 Mar 2006, 3:29 am

Ok, then it's definitely not a crane stock on my SRC.
Back to top Go down
Yuu
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuu

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2005-12-17

Player Info
Geo: Richmond
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptyFri 03 Mar 2006, 5:24 pm

If you like Wayne, I bought a TM M4A1 New Type you could try it out and see what you like the most.

I had ICS M4A1 with all the internal problem fixed by changing a lot of parts to make ICS worth wild. I had to change it TM M4 inner barrel, change the crappy motor to EG 1000, I change the spring to PDI 120 spring, change the piston to Guarder piston to make loud and proud and even better, it was totally perfect until....

The hop up broke which happens when you tinkle around with it too much. And the only Store that sold the hop up unit was DEA shop.

The hop-up is not compatiable with third party brands. So that's the shitty part. Plus if you want to change the stock to Crane stock, Valtor stock, Magpul Stock you need modification unlike TM M4s.

Here was my old baby,

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1468&c=10

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1459&c=10
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptySat 04 Mar 2006, 8:39 am

That ICS looked nice. I think I'll get either the TM M4-S or the ICS C-15. I'm going to Canadian Airsoft tomorrow to check them out. I heard that ICS are kind of hit and miss, but that they have improved with some of the newer models.

Thanks again.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 1:08 pm

They didn't have the M4-S, but the full metal C-15 was so heavy and solid feeling that I couldn't resist. It shoots pretty hard, and I don't plan on upgrading unless something breaks, so hopefully the stock internals will be fine. Plus I like the full stock, I can use large batteries and not worry about trying to stuff a battery in the foregrip.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 1:19 pm

Wayne your crazy, it would be awesome if you would post some pictures of your new baby...
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 1:26 pm

I will once my wife stops taking my camera to work with her. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boredom - ICS M4 question   Boredom - ICS M4 question Empty

Back to top Go down

Boredom - ICS M4 question
Page 1 of 1