N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hypothetical Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: The Cariboo!
Tags:

Hypothetical Question Empty
PostSubject: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyMon 24 Aug 2009, 7:38 pm

If you were given $700 MAX, ONLY to buy a BRAND NEW airsoft gun, what would it be and why?
Back to top Go down
wookie_man
NIA New
NIA New
wookie_man

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-13

Player Info
Geo: Located in Hart
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

I would get a long m16 or m4 or other variant. Emphasis on the long barrel. Why? Well I have a shotty and auto-pistol, I have enough short range gear. I find in outdoor games I do a lot of running to get close enough to cause an opponent to take cover.

I would give preference to a reliable and common gearbox.

The list isn't exhaustive, but i like these as rifles:

P90
M4
M16
SCAR
G36
AK-47
AK-74
Spetznaz
G3

Anyways, haven't used any of these guns, some might have manufacturer problems. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://prod.noveis.net/index.php
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:31 pm

With distances and accuracy it comes down to really two things, a good tightbore barrel, and good ammunition! Granted the longer the barrel the better accuracy but at most gaming distances, a carbine can work just as well. Now even in an SMG like an MP5 and a P90 tightbore barrels can do WONDERS along with FPS upgrading! I played against an MP5A4 that had an M4 length tightbore barrel (hidden by a suppressor) and upgraded to 400FPS, now THAT was a deadly little SMG. And speaking of reliable gearboxes, that was the death of the MP5! Pulled the trigger in the middle of the game and stripped ALL the gears inside.

Unless you put a tightbore into a P90 don't expect to get any range out of it. Used to game one down in the 'loops and even upgraded trying to shoot at any distance had BB's all over the place. Personally I find them a little on the small side gaming....

With M4's I've found you can get pretty much as long distance with them as an M16, maybe a little less. Same goes with any Carbine such as the SCAR or G36 (although with a "K" you can put a longer barrel in it compared with the "C"... or do I have the backwards?).

The M16 and a G3(SG1) can have amazing accuracy and range if done right. Sadly I know of no other company that makes a G3SG1 other than TM. The ones made by TM are MUCHO plastic and creaky because of it. They feel really... cheap compared to other guns on TM's line. As for M16 well EVERY company seems to make one of those. I've gamed everything from TM to ICS to G&G and always had fun doing it.

The only AK I've game was my Kraken so I can't comment too much on them although the Kraken could hold it's own pretty well.

So yeah you've got a good list but remember to look closely at manufacturer history as well. TM has decent internals but always has plastic bodies and can have barrel wobble problems (even with the new M4 line) on their Armalites. Companies like G&G have metal bodies but Ive been shafted numerous times with their internals. ICS are nice due to metal bodies and quick swapping of spring cylinders but they aren't really compatible with other airsoft brands like TM very well. Systema are really nice but if it breaks down (and eventually it will) don't expect your regular gun doc (unless they have experience) to be able to fix it, you'll need an electrician and a computer hacker. Not to mention Systema arent compatible with anything and their mag prices are killer.

Now one of the few brands Ive never tried has been King Arms. Their Armalites supposedly have working Bolt locking and FUNCTIONAL bolt catches (meaning that button on the side of an armalite has a REAL purpose! On ICS models that button releases spring tension for storing). Also KA Armalites feature one piece outter barrels to remove the barrel wobble, full metal bodies, and 7mm bearing gearboxes.

You just can't go wrong with an armalite, they are so versatile in accessories, options, and uses.
Back to top Go down
wookie_man
NIA New
NIA New
wookie_man

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-13

Player Info
Geo: Located in Hart
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:05 am

Very in depth Drache. You forgot the Spetznaz, but whatever, It's a small rifle, almost SMG. What would be your list? Do you have $700 to blow on airsoft and your garnering ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://prod.noveis.net/index.php
Jensenman
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:33 pm

Id put 700 dollars towards the design and building of a cheytac m-200. Stock it would shoot 490fps, with a stock tightbore. And Id get one for free cause i designed it! Literally Id just build up my g36, upgrade the mech box, do a selector mod that only allows semi fire. new tightbore and get it to about 450-490 fps. M4 magwell conversion and a g36k ras. wait a minute..... I would only start a thread asking if i had 700 dollars towards airsoft IF i was getting 700 dollars. What are you hiding?????
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:39 pm

wookie_man wrote:
Very in depth Drache. You forgot the Spetznaz, but whatever, It's a small rifle, almost SMG. What would be your list? Do you have $700 to blow on airsoft and your garnering ideas?

You're right I forgot the Spetz, my mistake! Of course in my defense Ive never used a Spetz and so couldnt really comment on it Very Happy

Im not really garnering ideas, just wondering and no I don't have $700 to blow on an airsoft gun....

BUT I did get a brand new FREE King Arms FN M16A4 though that arrives in 3 weeks. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:52 pm

Just to provide some clarity. A P90's stock inner barrel is 20mm longer than any MP5 stock inner barrel, but it won't make that much a difference.

Classic Army makes a G3SG1 or similar rifle, but it falls under the SAR category,but I have seen a few labelled G3. They're full metal and supposed to be a lot tighter than TM, but that's just what I have heard.

M4, M16, SCAR, MP5 & the G3 all have V2 mechboxes. The V2 design isn't as strong as the others (unless they're the CNC version, they might be pretty darn tough). I've seen many guns come through the work bench for other issues and they all were caused by broken V2 boxes.

G36 & AK-47, AK's have V3's. P90's have V6. When we first started the club we played in -18 weather and we didn't experience any issues with the guns with V3's.

But when it comes down to it, all guns will experience wear and tear. Its like most things, if you spend good money on a quality gun it is usually built to last. Where as, if you spend money on rip off's... well, why do we question why it doesn't last for less than 1/4 of the price.

Don't get sucked into buying into a name brand or a fad (i.e. Systema). Purchase something that is tested (i.e. TM, CA, ICS (old ones), G&P). The new players like KA and WA, WE you'll have to wait and see.

For $700... hmmm

- G&P M4 Variant - Best Externals in the business.Throw in a new gearbox (i.e. systema complete box) and I'd be set.
- TM M14 - Even though I've owned one before, I think I'd like to give it another chance
- VFC HK416
- VFC AK-74U
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Player Info
Geo: North Hart
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question EmptyThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:10 pm

I would buy anything Classic Army, especially after taking a few other brands apart and comparing fit and overall quality.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Knightwarrier_Forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question   Hypothetical Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Question
Page 1 of 1