N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Received a phone call today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: The Cariboo!
Tags:

Received a phone call today Empty
PostSubject: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyFri 09 May 2008, 3:25 pm

There I was sitting on the couch watching J.A.G. when the phone rang. Seems it was from the Canadian Armed Forces wanting me to "re-enlist" or "refill" out my application. About 6 months ago I received a letter stating that I had missed to report for training. Due to an error on their part, I was not called nor sent any notification of this. I had to jump through hoops to explain and prove this and I figured that was the end of it and I'd maybe re-enlist some other time. Well the call came today saying I need to redo two of my forms and fax them in ASAP.

Now even though my epilepsy is under control I can't see them accepting me, why they did in the first place is beyond me. But I was told that they want me as a "Weapons Tech". I am happy yet nervous that I got the call and figured I'd let a few know since there are a couple members in the Armed Forces.

If they do accept me again I will due my duty above and beyond by any means necessary!

My epilepsy is only Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, the most common form and I DO NOT have Gran Mal seizures. I've been on meds for the past couple years and it controls my seizures to the point that I MIGHT get one once every 6 months and if I do, it's nothing more than my right side shaking for about a minute.
Back to top Go down
Knightwarrier
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Knightwarrier

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Player Info
Geo: North Hart
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyFri 09 May 2008, 3:33 pm

Hahahaha sounds like our .... competent ... government is trying to do its due diligence.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Knightwarrier_Forum
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 11:42 pm

Well I've received two more calls since then, the latest, today, was the Master Corporal stating that I forgot to include a copy of my birth certificate. As he stated "I would be grealy please if you could get it to me as soon as possible" so it's being mailed tomorrow morning Xpresspost.
Back to top Go down
Jensenman
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 11:34 am

Ive been pondering the idea of enlisting as an engineer. I have done the research and am impressed with the distance they go to teach you and the amount of training you recieve. Could you give me any direction Drache?
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 6:33 pm

First off you will only get into a career if they believe you are qualified for it. Some careers you cant just pick and learn from scratch and Im sure engineers would be one of them.

If you are serious you can fill out an application online. You get to pick three choices and you DONT have to pick infantry!

If you have any questions Jensenman just feel free to PM me or catch me on MSN Messenger archangels_grace@msn.com
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:13 pm

Pretty sure you'd need at least a bachelor of engineering to begin as an engineer. I'm not sure if it'd have to be specialized as to mechanical, electrical, civil, etc... Engineers in Canada are a cliquey bunch with there fancy pinky rings and all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jensenman
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:27 pm

LOL. No the job is a weapons technichian, my millwright pre-apprenticeship may actually get me a bit ahead of the game. It will be done in september. I have done all of the research into the program and plan on going ahead with it.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 3:15 pm

They call that an engineering position? I'd love to tell some of our Engineers here that they're just 'technicians' and that those years they spent in University don't even give them the equivalent of a pre-apprentice millwright course. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today EmptyWed 18 Jun 2008, 9:12 am

passed the first round of selection! The next round comes in August/September in Prince George when I have to go for an interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Received a phone call today   Received a phone call today Empty

Back to top Go down

Received a phone call today
Page 1 of 1