N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
six4
NIA New
NIA New
six4

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-06

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) Empty
PostSubject: six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag)   six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 4:00 am

i found it very cumbersome and slow to reach under the box mag to push the auto feed button. so i have come up with my own conversion to a remote pressure switch,along with a pictoral how to:

(disclaimer)
remove box mag battery before disassembly. batteries not included. some parts not for use with some sets, field sold seperately. (lol)

remove ammo cover and remove the two small screws holding the feed tube.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08911

gently squeeze the two halves together and slide them upward. only needs to be high enough to clear the feed tube.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08921

remove the two screws on the bottom of the box mag that holds the switch assembly.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08931

slide the internals of the box mag out. it will look like this.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08941

you will notice that the switch assembly is only held in place by this nut.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG0895

remove the nut and simply snip off the switch.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08961

i used a tac-lite bladder switch i bought for about $13.00 dollars for this project. simply expose the wire on both the bladder switch and the wires from the box mag switch and attach them accordingly. i opted to hold the wires together by hand and press the switch to make sure i had the right combo. your finished product after soldering and shrink wrapping should look nice and clean.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08971

here is what it looks like after re-assembly.

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag) CIMG08981

simply route and mount the new pressure switch where you find it most convienent. hope this helps all the saw gunner bretheren out there....

(ps) not pictured is the sealed up hole. for now it will simply be duct tape because i may re-route the gun's battery to the box mag.
Back to top Go down

six4's box mag pressure switch conversion (c/a box mag)
Page 1 of 1