N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yearly Regional NIA Game

Go down 
+3
twsmith
PracticalTactical
Mikhail
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

Yearly Regional NIA Game Empty
PostSubject: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:11 pm

I propose that every year, the 'Northern Interior' Airsoft Club organize a regional game where we all try to at least once a year to game with and see each other.

I don't mind driving to PG one time a year....and think that if that ONE event had folks from ALL over the NIA region, it would be a blast!

Logistics would suggest finding a central location, but the biggest issue would be coming to one event where you had the best chance to see and game with everyone.

Heck maybe hold it in PG one year and move it around. This would probaly do a LOT to get games happening in some of the outlying areas, if once every 5 years or so,....Quesnel hosts a huge NIA game (when its their turn, and they have people willing to host and organize it)....it would draw in new folks looking for a big game, and set an example of what airsoft games can be.

I would think that this Regional NIA game would be a GREAT yearly event.

Can I get a hoo-ya?

Last edited by Mikhail on Fri 17 Jul 2009, 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PracticalTactical
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:16 pm

Sounds like a great Idea.
Brad
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:21 pm

My Wife, Christine was suggesting it might be a camping weekend event, which DOES make it easier for those traveling from out of town.

If it was a weekend camping thing maybe we could get some merchanting happening too!
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:42 pm

I'm definitely willing to travel for games, but it depends on my work schedule and how much driving I'll have to do vs. actual game time. I'm usually not going to drive 20 hours for an 8 hour game. Smile

In addition it's pretty difficult to host up here (Chetwynd area)as we don't have many local players and we haven't had much luck in attracting players from PG for the games we have held with the FSJ teams.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:36 pm

If we want to get this going, then probaly the first regional game should happen in PG.

At later games perhaps folks from outside a smaller area would be willing to assist with hosting a game in an area like Chetwynd. But I would think that you would need at least one body in that area to hunt up locations.

If a regional NIA game was to be hosted in Chetwynd, I would suggest some advertising happen locally to attract some local interest.

Maybe an Regional event schedule would look like this:

Friday Morning: Site open for tent/table setup and last minute field grooming.

Run a Demo table for early birds and looky loos....great way to show off and entice folks for the game later.

Merchant tables are up.

Friday Afternoon: Pick up battles and Gun Workshops

Saturday Morning: Roll out, chrono, last minute sign ups, and gear up.
Saturday Noon...game on till late.

Saturday Eve...pure socializing. Potential small Night game

Sunday: Pick up battles for diehards, and the rest of us head home.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:15 pm

Sounds good, but like I said before, we can't get people to travel from PG to Chetwynd for a game with 10-15 FSJ players. As a club there are 2 road trips I am aware of... the first being Mackenzie (now defunct) and the latter being Quesnel. Of those 2 games we had the best PG turnout for the Quesnel game. So Quesnel could be a good potential midpoint if they are willing to host. Although it adds a couple hours to my drive. Sad

I'm not sure the "local interest" would necessarilly be a good thing in this area. There is a large population of adult male "rig workers" with a lot of disposable income and we may get a couple decent players interested. Unfortunately we'd risk getting a bunch of wingnuts showing up with little respect for safety or game rules, and I certainly wouldn't want them using my rental/loaner equipment. Check out the ditches between FSJ, Chetwynd and Dawson Creek and the number of empty beer cans will give you an idea on how responsible some of these guys can be. I heard a guy in Moberly Lake collected enough cans out of the ditch to buy his daughter a vehicle. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 11:23 am

Google maps tells me that you are 3.5 from PG...and that I am 3.9 coming from the other direction...so ya driving time will ALWAYS be an issue.

But I believe that if we could depend on one BIG game a year, which spanned a weekend, it would easily justify driving time...as you say 4 hours drive for 8 hours of gaming works....add to that it being the BIGGEST game and event of the year, the appeal starts to be obvious.

PG is the obvious location to get it going at, perhaps the way to approach it, would be to hold it there as a fairly central location until it started to be big enough to start moving it around...but all this is secondary to what has to be the main focus, having the one date that by dedicating it to a NIA regional event, we all can get together, the one time a year, and host a BIG game and social.

Frankly this concept works for other societies, and I know that the NIA could start pulling off ONE big event a year...something I only see happening in Eastern Canada....time for some big events right here!
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Player Info
Geo: West Side
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 1:11 pm

Speaking as one of the main reps for Quesnel, we would love to be able to host. The main problems are our end is time and coming up with a location. Now, we are waiting to hear back from a property owner who has approximately 4000 acres with direct highway access. If I remember the land as well as I think I do, if has some serious potential, however we are looking at an extremely high build cost, even with use of [most of] the preexisting buildings on site. Land is fairly flat and open for the majority of the land, and I also know some food vendors who would jump at the chance. After all, they feed Clinton War every summer, as well as service the local Crash To Pass and such every Billy Barker Days. Of course, this is if the family is willing to have the land used for such a large game.

Personally, I know I would rather see the game start earlier on saturday, with the briefing starting at 0900 or so. Chrono can always be done friday night for those that are on site.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 5:46 pm

I like the idea of chronoing the night before. Some tracking method would have to be figured out but why not?....And then if there was a problem you have some time to find an alternate or work on a gun.

What sort of numbers do you think we would need to plan for at the first regional game...50 tops?
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 6:02 pm

I don't see any reason it couldnt be planned and run like any other decent milsim. The top figure is going to be set by the property, not exactly the plans. If enough people are interested, sanitary facilities can be rented, and theres always food/misc suppliers looking to make a buck.

One thing to also keep in mind with the chrono bit is that the Fraser River Corsairs have higher FPS limits than the NIA for non-CQC. Obviously, FRC players will have to look at it a little differently when gaming out of town; even if this means swapping springs out.

As for tracking system, if the gun checks out it can go straight into it's case, and be marked with barrier tape. If the tape is broken before the game, the gun will have to be re-chronied before entering the field. At the same time, we run on an honour system in airsoft to begin with; be it calling your hits or cranking your gun up after being chronied.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 9:37 pm

Its probaly too late to consider this for this year, but planning can start for next year. Perhaps a email out to NIA membership asking them to reply with headcount purposes for a regional game.

Or maybe the way to go is start thinking of event costs and have folks register for this years NIA Annual Regional Game (NARG?)..something like 10 bucks to pre-register. 15 at the door.

My point is that planning the event is a lot easier knowing a vague idea of numbers. Fields can expand, its true, but in order to attract players, being able to tell folks what the scenarios are, really helps.

Hmmm...maybe teams based on each region for the initial games...encourage a little district rivalry?

The first is always the hardest...second events give you something to go on, planning wise...small is ok, as it will grow.
Back to top Go down
mr_buddley
PG MEM
PG MEM
mr_buddley

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptySun 19 Jul 2009, 12:24 am

Maybe we could make a go of it in the fall--late Sept/early Oct?
By then Predator might be done and we could have the entire place for a weekend.
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 3:30 am

mr_buddley wrote:
Maybe we could make a go of it in the fall--late Sept/early Oct?

Its worth a try; wouldnt be the first time I've starting my yearly hunting trip off with a run to PG for a game. I'm taking a full two weeks this year, time frame depending on LEH outcome.

I think the pre-registry fee is a good idea, given that many locations are going to want their money up front, and will give a better budget figure.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 10:42 am

ok then, sounds like concept is sound and of some interest. So here is the challenges:

Attendance
Date

Each of these need to be discovered, discussed, and then settled on.

I DO strongly suggest that the first thing to see this become a reality is that an on-location organizer volunteer...Someone capable of organizing efforts locally, and acting as a final responsibility to making decisions and seeing things thru. Ability to view locations discovered is also required.

This is sort of dictated by location....PG for its central location and attendance base for the first one has a definite appeal. Are we settled on that?

If a field and organizer in Quesnel is available, would that suit everyone just as well?

Date: How is October for camping? Is that getting chilly already. Thats my only worry there.

Food: Vendors are a cool idea as well, but quite optional...indeed they may not be happy if we only get a small turnout the first year. And most of us I think can camp cook something up

Location: Here is what I am thinking would be nice. Private land. Some parking. Outhouse would be fine, or a rental bif if need be (what is lead time for ordering these, and cost?)
Scrub land for the game...the rougher the better. Small area for tent camping would be fine.

I am not sure we need to work property much, except maybe make some trails...

Anyways if we could find someone with property IN the NIA, that would be perfect. Or someones relative, etc. Otherwise perhaps a third party with the understanding that this is an annual event, but is the first year, so funds are tight for this year, but next could grow.

In which case, a percentage of the gate fee, may have to be considered....

As well, once these elements are finalized, a good schedule (one i threw up is just an example after all) and milsim scenario developed....so that we can begin to advertise it.

So....who wants to volunteer as the Local Organizer?

Last edited by Mikhail on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 10:56 am

Aedomon wrote:

I think the pre-registry fee is a good idea, given that many locations are going to want their money up front, and will give a better budget figure.

Good point. My suspicion is that if we advertise with a pre reg fee, we should give more lead time for the event than sept oct allows...if we advert now with a pre reg, we will need to give people a tad more time to book time off (which may be a good idea anyways) and start thinking instead about spring 2010. That would give time to find a field without pressure.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 12:34 pm

twsmith wrote:

I'm not sure the "local interest" would necessarilly be a good thing in this area. There is a large population of adult male "rig workers" with a lot of disposable income and we may get a couple decent players interested. Unfortunately we'd risk getting a bunch of wingnuts showing up with little respect for safety or game rules, and I certainly wouldn't want them using my rental/loaner equipment. Check out the ditches between FSJ, Chetwynd and Dawson Creek and the number of empty beer cans will give you an idea on how responsible some of these guys can be. I heard a guy in Moberly Lake collected enough cans out of the ditch to buy his daughter a vehicle. Shocked

I hear what are saying. Especially a concern when they treat loaner gear like shit. I wonder how Dave works it with his rentals...hmmm

There probaly IS some gems in the rough, as far as potential quality players go....the trick is figuring out which ones they are. No fast solutions there I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 12:52 pm

Aedomon wrote:
Now, we are waiting to hear back from a property owner who has approximately 4000 acres with direct highway access. If I remember the land as well as I think I do, if has some serious potential, however we are looking at an extremely high build cost, even with use of [most of] the preexisting buildings on site. Land is fairly flat and open for the majority of the land...

Can you elaborate on this property? buildings? what bulding would be needed to be done that would incur high costs? Are the buildings unsafe as they are? Are you thinking CQB capable?

4000 acres is huge. I am almost afraid to ask what they wanting for a rental?
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 6:23 pm

Mikhail wrote:
Can you elaborate on this property? buildings? what bulding would be needed to be done that would incur high costs? Are the buildings unsafe as they are? Are you thinking CQB capable?

The 4000 acres in question is farmland, pretty much retired, as the family is no longer working it to my knowledge. The farmhouse itself is a no-go as per the family, as some kids broke in and trashed it. There is, however, a 2-storey barn with numerous outbuildings available. High cost is mainly expansion in outlaying areas, blazing of trails, as well as general clean up. Now, without getting the viewing set up, I do not know how much work the outbuildings and barn need.

As for the rental cost, I was thinking bringing in some vendors to help cover that cost, as well as the cost of a biffy. I will have to contact the local company that does the rentals to find out cost and availablity for the sinks, etc.

October can be sketchy here, some years its nice, some years its getting chilly. Either way, I finally got my confirmation for the first two weeks, and several of the local players are heading out to set up a bush camp. Looking at probably september date for this year, if we will be camping.
Back to top Go down
Slyyde
100 Mile House MEM
Slyyde

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 3:17 am

This all sounds like the best damn thing I've heard all year long. I would sell my family into slavery in order to make it to an event of this magnitude. With the idea of spring next year in mind, why not set our sights a little bit higher on the number of participants. If we really get this rollin, 9-10 months should be more than enough time to requisition adequate resources and land for 100 guys, never mind 50. Though, this is easy for me to say as most of that end of the planning would be resting squarely on some one elses shoulders as we are currently looking at the venues of PG and/or Quesnel. I'll be keeping my eye on this and free with any suggestions that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
zerocool1215
NIA New
NIA New
zerocool1215

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyMon 07 Sep 2009, 9:21 pm

alot of us from the valley would be interested in joining in on the fun if we happen to get an ivite wooot
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 7:10 pm

Glad to hear you are interested.

Which valley...there ARE a few in BC and I just aint that familiar with everyone here ('nother reason for a big regional game)

I don't think of it is a 'closed' event. All, I believe, would be welcome...indeed the idea would be to have one event a year you could count on to have a WACK of people and players...so the more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yearly Regional NIA Game   Yearly Regional NIA Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Yearly Regional NIA Game
Page 1 of 1