N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Garmin Rhino GPS Radio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Prince George
Tags: ---

Garmin Rhino GPS Radio Empty
PostSubject: Garmin Rhino GPS Radio   Garmin Rhino GPS Radio EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 5:05 am

So I was wondering if anyone else was interested in these things,. basically they're an FRS/GPRS Radio as well as a Garmin GPS (different features depending on what you buy, about $190 to $500) except over the radio you can brodcast your location, so airsoft teams can keep track of each other and synchronize attacks or rescue stranded team mates.

it's a lot like the motion tracker for airsofter's and painballers, but the upside to this: It DOES have a digital compass so you don't have to point the thing North to find out who's in what direction. Big advantage! and about the same price

product page: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=146
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Garmin Rhino GPS Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garmin Rhino GPS Radio   Garmin Rhino GPS Radio EmptySun 29 Aug 2010, 3:01 am

Didn't notice this thread before but I have a Garmin 530 HCX. Good gps with some great features for hiking, hunting, etc... and the built in radio is pretty handy as well. The only bad thing is that the screen is a bit small if you need it for vehicle navigation and it doesn't do voice navigation so I wouldn't recommend it if you need it for driving around a city or something like that.
Back to top Go down

Garmin Rhino GPS Radio
Page 1 of 1