N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

August 20-22 weekend game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: 100 Mile House AND Nova Scotia
Tags: ---

August 20-22 weekend game Empty
PostSubject: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 8:24 pm

Bring a tent or borrow one of mine.

setup tents on friday, have a night game, play all Saturday, maybe some night game too if we want. Sunday morning head home.

Who is in?
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 12:11 am

And kamloops is talking about having us over for the NEXT weekend, and they attend the 22nd.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 1:49 pm

Route from Quesnel:

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm

Hey Folks, its 1 week till the proposed game up here in 100 Mile. Interest is high with the locals so we have a good turnout of support here.

So far I have one person confirmed from out of town. Is that it?

If there is little to no interest from out of town, I will cancel the weekend event and just run a one day local show.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 10:40 pm

Is ANYONE from NIA coming? Quesnel?
Back to top Go down
skully
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 5:54 pm

fleshgear ,campbell and i are coming
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:38 pm

skully wrote:
fleshgear ,campbell and i are coming

Hey cool, see you friday then.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 2:58 am

Just got some more high contrast industrial type lighting up. It helps with the immediate area, but beyond the perimeter is vaaary dark. So lots of dark shadows all about the perimeter, the bunker and leading up to it. The tower upstairs has dark and light areas as well.

With the high heat I had to install a large venting fan under the stairs(there IS heat sensitive real comms gear inside). Besides adding a certain industrial effect to the ambiance, I notice that the white noise generated by it does mask a certain amount of perimeter noise.

We have a history of doing pistol and shotgun scenarios as well, so don't leave them behind if you have one. If you don't we can accommodate that as well.

Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 12:25 am

Update: The Comms tower 'Tactical Beer Fridge' has been installed, brought online and tested successfully. Its second story location while not providing any additional hard cover, will provide strategic and moral support to defenders. Throwing yourself bodily in front of it to 'protect the beer fridge at all costs' while commendable is not necessary due to its protected yet accessible location. Effectiveness was well demonstrated today in it being able to produce a frosty cold one (label reads 'Lemon Iced Tea') in 29 degrees Celsius heat. Also versatility, as while affectionately referred to as the 'beer fridge', it will probably only rarely be used for such blessed beverages due to its location amidst the dedicated Airsoft field.

All Hail the Tactical Beer Fridge!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Summary   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 2:20 pm

People trickled in slowly on Friday. Our guests from Quesnel were able to use our large, already set up, tent to unload into. After a run into town and more folks trickled in we played some pickup battles around the tower. By request I spent some of my quickly disappearing setup-time to repair the tower web cam so that one of the player's wife could watch the fun. In the end it looks like her installing Firefox was required to get it working, as IE kept denying her access (security setting).

What we discovered was the real cool effect when the new tower light turned on. For some reason the moving web camera picks it up with a green tint, like night vision. Very Dramatic. I will post one later.

The best thing we discovered was that you can use the web cam to snap remote, in-action pictures. I have to see about getting that function to work with the motion detection.

Friday night we played till about 10 then retired to the enclosed porch to unwind and shoot the breeze til midnight.

One night game we played (started around twilight) was a 'capture the tower' game that has become popular here.

It is a re-spawn game where both teams start NOT in possession of the bunker. To win someone must climb the stairs to the second floor, set the timer for 5 minutes and hold the tower till the ringer goes off.

(A standard game convention of the tower bunker use is that there is explosives on the second floor and the stairs that can be triggered from the downstairs if you get all the way in. This is done via a wireless doorbell. This is prevent skirmishes on the steep stairs where an injury could occur due to the height. We use this every game.)

It was decided that detonating the second floor resets the timer, and required someone to manually reset it which means another exposed climb up the stairs.

This was a very close match. The Quesnel team held the tower for that time but in the last minute the tower was stormed, the defenders killed and the in-place explosives on the second floor detonated (resetting the timer)....As it was a photo finish, we gave it to our guests. After all, the play is the thing. I personally found this one of the most intense matches of the weekend.

Saturday more people trickled in. After a sausage and egg brekkie (thanks Chris!) we geared up and kicked of with a warm up battle around the tower.

Next was patrolling scenario. I seeded the 1.4kms of trails on the property with about 20 bright yellow foam balls. The objective was to patrol the trails and recover the most. Balls had to be returned to the respective bases to 'count'. If players were killed in the field before they could return to the base, their balls could be claimed by their attacker (or who ever got to the body)

Our guests from Quesnel recovered the most balls, and won that one.

During several of the games, we used our medic cards which was well accepted.

More causal battles ensued till the late evening, and we broke for the evening and some food.

We got some rain just before our break, so we waited that out and planned the last game of the event.

This ended up being the traitor scenario, which ended up being the most controversial game, and the most humorous to discuss after. It set the tone for the event, even as the last game and during the evening of discussing it back and forth, inspired the patch that was created by Chris that evening with everyone's input.

We were down to only 8 players by then so the teams were 5 defenders to 2 attackers plus one traitor who starts with the defenders.

The thought was that with the advantage of surprise that should make it fairly even. In the end it DID come down to one defender and one attacker stalking each other till the win.

Each defender was then brought aside, offered a bowl of bbs with one black one to pick form with their eyes closed. Each was returned after a set time, and the next sent over to find out if they were the traitor. Even after the traitor was found, thanks to some slight of hand, the black bb was present for each player to potentially grab (they thought). At least ONE player thought of this and was sure that he therefore knew who the traitor was (or at least who was not) and was quite distraught to discover his error during the game (grin).

I HAD to be an attacker as I was the one running the bowl of bbs, and would KNOW who it was (I told the other attacker as well once we were in the field).

Our traitor positioned himself downstairs, with one other defender guarding the detonator. Everyone else started upstairs.

While everyone knew there was a traitor, what they did NOT know was that the traitor was armed with more than just the element of surprise. During the traitor interview, he was given a remote control that could disable the lights, and turn on the bunker tunes rendering occupants deaf and blind for a few seconds.

This added greatly to that moment of 'oh shit' when the lights went out.

Apparently within the first five minutes of the game the defender of the detonator was stabbed while leaving the bunker, and the upstairs charge was detonated, killing the bulk of the the defenders. The defender downstairs was CONVINCED via his interview experience that his killer was not the traitor (but dude, I stabbed you!) and was fairly loud in his convictions (I could here him across the field). Har... good times.

One defender HAD left the upstairs before it was detonated, killed the traitor (you were the only one left, so.....you HAD to be it!) and stealthily managed to pick off the infiltrating last two attackers for the win.

Thus the motto of this game will always be ' Surprise C---F--, Its a Trap!" Its not PC, but hey...it was funny as hell.

We received 20 dollars for donation towards the cost of the event towards coffee, hotdogs, sausages, and eggs.

Interest was high in having one more weekender before the end of the season, so we will see.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and to those that participated remotely via the webcam.

Last edited by Mikhail on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Lost and Found:   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 2:49 pm

Found:
One 'West Fraser' camping chair was left behind. It was closed up and near the vehicle that was being loaded but I guess was overlooked.

Lost:
A 1-Point Sling, green was lent out to one of our Quesnel guests but I don't see it here any where. Could you folks have a look through your stuff and see if it is there?

edit:
Found 2 Pistol Mags. Please describe to reclaim.

Last edited by Mikhail on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 3:00 pm

Technical issues discovered:

-webcam software can overwrite pictures when saving. Still researching why.

- Tunes in bunker make it hard to hear doorbell detonation.

- I went thru 4 AEGs that all had some issue preventing their use. Finally I was lent a Tavor Assault Rifle. That was ubercool, but I still need to test my my AEG I plan to use, BEFORE the game.

- g36 mags are not feeding. May be worn out.

- New mp5 mags from EB don't work with Aftermath model. They work fine in others.

edit:
- change channel on tower remote so turning on and off the tunes, doesn't also turn on and off the bedroom lights where wife and child WERE sleeping. In the end they seemed happy enough to get back up and socialize after that last game.

Last edited by Mikhail on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleshgear
NIA New
NIA New
fleshgear

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Player Info
Geo: QUESNEL
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 3:40 pm

WOW is all I can say. Mike and Chris thank you so much for having the game. I will for sure be playing with real team aka as soon as we can again, it was one of the best if not the best airsoft game I have ever been to, be proud of that fact as I have played many fields and yours is one of the better ones by far. Oh by the way the wife thanks you very much for setting up and helping solve the issue with the web cam she really enjoyed it and loved the green night vision aspect. And yes that west Fraser chair is mine I will grab it when I come down for the next game. I will see about getting those airsoft repair videos to you asap but I will call you when they are ready so I can ship them down.

Fear the reaping S.A.W it shall return Smile

Fleshgear out........
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Admin
Admin
Mikhail

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: August 20-22 weekend game   August 20-22 weekend game EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:30 am

Here is a bit of video from this event.