N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Team Camo Discussion

Go down 
+10
Gryph
ssp21
Yuu
gm_gunner
Yuurei
chinese_gunman
twsmith
Hortons Heros
=Daes=
beach_boy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Camo Gear
Cadpat
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Marpat
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Flecktarn
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Multicam
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
British DPM
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 8:41 pm

here it is...... AGAIN
chinese_gunman wrote:
In order to not be like everyone else, and we decide to wear cadpat, then we must buy CF(canadian forces) issue clothing and gear. i know that the surplus store here isn't great...*cough*...... but we can do a big order down to dave's surplus in New West. The owner knows me pretty well cuz i spend a sh!t load of money there....so he'll give us a discount...the more we buy...the better discount we'll get. another thing...we can all buy cf issue cadpat helmets...i know it'll be a bit on the pricey side but no other team has done that before. so we can wear cadpat, cf boots(old or new), cf helmet, and i guess any type of web gear (green or cadpat)

like cadpat, many different teams are already using multicam...futhermore, multicam is the most expensive camo on the market at this point....about $120 for just the tunic. i know many people don't like this colour but the pocket system on this is outstanding. i'm refering to the US army's new Army Combat Uniform (ACU). here's a pic of it... i know its grey...so don't state the obvious
Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Acu-pic05
Back to top Go down
http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
ssp21
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
ssp21

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 4:14 am

what twsmith said about the kelowna group is right, they have a large player base and their main camo is multicam, cadpat and flecktarn. they also have a group that is getting players together with kit true to a specific armed force(mostly russian and german at the moment). he was also correct about cadpat becoming more and more common. we have a player that just moved up from vancouver and from what he has told me, most of the guys down there play cadpat and even our group is going that way. i would suggest multicam because its a decent multi-enviroment camo, but it is pricey compared to cadpat and other types(about 240 plus tax for a complete BDU).

i dont recall who said it, but having two different types of camo that the club uses is a pretty good idea, right now in kamloops, most of us are running at least a cadpat jacket and another set of mixed type gear. the big thing i have seen is different areas require different camo. if i remember PG correctly(spent most of my highschool years up there) woodland based camo like cadpat would be very effective.

elephant
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: posible camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Mar 2006, 12:11 pm

some of the local sporting stors are bring in a new type of camo for hunters. It isn't military but its good stuff. If your wearing it you have to be causing bodily harm to damage it. It's also water proof. my budy has some pants in this stuff, he couldn't stick a nife through it, or so he said. I think it might come in diffirent camo designs but i know it comes in a forest style. I can't remember what it's called but I think it's some thing like H2O proof. for a price range I think pants are $150 and a jacket is $250 +, this is a guess I could be wrong on the price. I think it would be good with a club ensignia on it. And i could also use it for hunting. Did I mention I need stuff for hunting, I need stuf for hunting before I go out and buy stuff for airsoft. We could also make the stuff that snipers use out of some old gunie sacks.

These are just idieas I would Love to hear back from everyone.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Mar 2006, 1:35 pm

Personally I don't have the cash to shell out, $400, seems a little steep, also I don't want to vouch for the other guys but, I know that I would tend not to lean towards hunting camo, just for the sake that it's hunting camo, what I mean is, if we are to go to, say kamloops or kelwona, we want to be taken seriously, and I just don't see that happening if we're wearing hunting camo. It's a good idea especially the waterproof, for winter and wetter days, but overall my vote is a no go. I still like the idea of cadpat, or woodland, something reasonably priced and avaliable. This is just my thoughts do not take offense to it.

*Note: Gryph introduce yourself! Same goes for everyone else, It would nice to find out who you guys are before I get home...
Back to top Go down
ssp21
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
ssp21

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 1:56 am

i didnt think much about woodlands camo untill we hosted a game for the kelowna squad, Sector Seven, they were the first group i have seen that has uused basic woodlands camo effectivly and i no longer underestimate its effectivness. that being said a military based camo tends to do a bit better then a hunter camo patter(i own a deer standing the woods walmart jacket) and getting everyone in the same camo definatly helps when trying to impress a feeling of a team when visiting a out of town teams feild(or when they come to your feild). i dont recall if i said it in my last post, but cost is a big thing. most people who have shelled out the coin for an new AEG generaly doesnt have the money to spend on pricey camo. we have that problem in our club thats why we have gone for cadpat(aside from it works very well on our feild), a cadpat jacket run about 40 bucks at our local surplus store and its about 60 for the pants, so for 40 bucks you at least get a jacket that will work good in the feild and match your team mates if you go on a road trip. i dont know what the PG feild looks like, but i bet cadpat or woodlands woould probably be a good and affordable choice.

elephant
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 10:27 am

Is your cadpat replica or issue surplus? If replica who is the maker? Also where do these teams find flecktarn so easily.

EDIT
-Daves Army Surplus
-Tru Spec
Marpat
Shirt-$53.99
Pants-$49.99

-Custom
Cad Pat
Pants-$69.99

MultiCam
Pants-$119.99
Shirt-$119.99

-Proper
Woodland Pants-$49.99

Airsoft Kelowna

Cadpat, Marpat, Woodland Jackets-59.99
Multicam Jacket- 119.99

Cappat, Marpat, Woodland Pants-59.99
Multicam Pants-199.99

Seals Action Gear
ACU Pants-$59.00
ACU Jacket- $59.00

Multicam shirt-$89.00
Multicam pants-$119.00

Woodland Pants-49.99
Woodland Shirt-49.99

Marpat shirt-$59.00

Cadpat shirt-$69.00
Cadpat pant-$69.00

CPgear
Cadpat pants-60
Cadpat shirt-58.50

Here's some prices (without tax or shipping) to give us an idea. If we did an order for all of us I'm sure we would have no problem getting a sweet deal from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 12:09 pm

big edit on last post
Looks like it's going to be around $120 to 150 for a pant and jacket set. This doesn't include a $20 hat and an 80-120 vest. If we shoot for just having the same jacket and pant set we should be doing well. We can match our other gear as we all win the lottery

I found some info on after market stuff fading. The parkland stuff is a little heavy for summer play and fades when washed with regular detergent. Can't go in the dryer either...sooo yet agian the cheap stuff really isn't worth touching.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 1:17 pm

As for vest and stuff go I think as long as it some what matches, or goes with your camo it shouldn't matter. I'm only saying this because I wanted to get a Wasatch vest [imaged attached, a buddy from the -MERC- moosejaw team] and it's around $250 and I'm guessing everyone else wouldn't want to shell out the money... so in closing, I think as long as it doesn't make you stand out... ie. the bright orange ugly vest at company quarter masters then it should be fine. I think as long as everyone has matching camo and either OD or some type of camo vest we'll be good.

Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 10025046hz
Back to top Go down
R.A.T.M._JLD
NIA New
NIA New
R.A.T.M._JLD

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2005-11-06

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 5:46 pm

Or we alwas could go with Airsoft Armoury's Digital DPM.
Back to top Go down
ssp21
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
ssp21

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 6:41 pm

my cadpat is the cheaper Frontanac stuff, so its not as good as the stuff daves sells, its just more affordable. we have two guys with the actual issue cadpat gear and so far we havent seen much difference in effectivness, but i hear the frontanac stuff will degrade from washing it faster then the good stuff.

elephant
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 6:14 pm

As a club what do you guys want to go with first...Marpat or Cadpat? This should get the ball rolling on us at least all trying to get one set of matching camo.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 7:21 pm

I vote Marpat. I want something with more brown for spring/fall play. Plus the brown would be good for summer road trips down to Kamloops & Kelowna where it gets dry during the summer.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 12:05 am

[EDIT] Sorry I'm revoking my vote for marpat, I was thinking of multicam.... but I ain't voting for it now

Last edited by on Wed 29 Mar 2006, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 12:38 am

if we go for marpat i'm set...except i will have to buy gear to go with it....i.e. coyote brown. so that'd be around $300....i might get a CIRAS vest....don't really like the pouch system on the wasatch...sorry mike.

In my opinion, cadpat = very effective in the summer....the trees are green, the combats itself dry very quickly if wet....lightweight and breathable. Marpat is more heavy and i think it's gonna be terrible in the summer...there are nice features to real USMC marpat but they are hard to come by...fake marpat just sucks(truspec). Its the same with fake cadpat....if u buy the real stuff, the quality also depends on wat generation u get... gen 1 cadpat fades white so u might wanna stay away from that. the ones i have are gen3...they fade green - so does the gen 2 - but the difference is that all of the buttons are covered and some small changes to the insides of the pockets of the tunic. Just to let u know, real cadpat stuff is not cheap...i personally would rather us new capat cuz it looks better. real marpat isn't cheap either but i find that it is not as sharp lookin as cadpat...after all, cadpat helped create marpat
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 1:17 am

Trees are green in Vancouver...here summer = red. What's so bad about the truspec marpat? Doesn't seem to fade that easily (compared to Parkland stuff). Is it just heavier?
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 1:34 am

Cadpat makes my wallet happy, but will marpat make me sweat more in the summer? Not that I sweat lots it's something to think about, Jeff is your cadpat made out of thinner material or is it all the same? As much as I want to stand out as a team, does not the majority of us own Cadpat?
Just something I thought about as I read Chinese's post...
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 9:59 am

I don't realy care what the final decision is as long as it's good stuff. Beach boy has a good point the majority of our players have cadpat.
I like the look of cadpat but haven't seen marpat so I can't compare.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 6:04 pm

http://www.aasurplus.ca/

found another retialer, they have really cheap stuff. No idea who makes any of it though.
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 6:48 pm

Hortons Heros wrote:
Trees are green in Vancouver...here summer = red. What's so bad about the truspec marpat? Doesn't seem to fade that easily (compared to Parkland stuff). Is it just heavier?

truspec marpat is like wearing cardboard...its heavy, stiff and it makes a lot of noise when u move.

to mike's question...i'm not sure with all the fake stuff but the fortenac....i think that's how u spell it... is roughly the same but there are no renforced elbows and shoulders...so it'll wear out faster... the material is a little different too, the real stuff seems stronger...to tell u the truth...when it reaches 30 degrees out...cadpat is probably the best....

if we do play down in kelowna....cadpat works better down there
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 7:23 pm

tru-spec isn't corduroy and obviously isn't that loud because Icelanic owns a set and he seemed to do very well the last game he was at. Icelandic wore it last summer when he played and he didn't complain at all about the wieght or thickness. Wearing a load bearing vest, hat or gloves in the summer is going to make a bigger difference for heat. Have you even tried tru-spec stuff for an entire day? Not to doubt you Chinese but you trash is really fast. I don't mean for this to sound like an argument. What is your marpat anyway?

Do you have any prices or retailers for the frontenac cadpat? Does anyone up here have any that we could all take a look at?
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 7:33 pm

i just dislike the truspec marpat for personal reasons...just don't like how it feels on me...the marpat i have is real issue USMC marpat with marine corps insignia on it....the material on this set is much better in my opinion... the fortenac stuff is roughly the same price as used CF cadpat
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuurei

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2005-12-18

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2006, 11:22 pm

I actually don't like any of the digitalized camo. I think it looks terrible. I'll pay for a uniform just to play with you guys during matches with other teams though.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2006, 1:27 am

Ahh crap my marpat boat is sinking!!! pale . 4 votes to 1 hmmm...Free rentals for anyone who wears marpat santa . I'm just joking. I'm up for whatever wins the vote but we should weigh the logistics of what it's going to take to play an out of town team. I'll post what it should cost each perosn tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2006, 8:39 pm

What about Ghillie suits (What snipers wear) I'm in the prossess of making one. Their cheap to make and not to hard to make espicaly with the EASY BUTTON (MOM! How do you do this?) LOL. They look a little wierd when your in the open but the sickond you find cover their great Camo (I Hope)

I know your probably not going to vote for this but it's an idea, espicaly for our own games, and did I mention Cheap to make.

And if any one has any ideas or coments about ghillie suits let me know.
I'm making mine out of old burlap sacks and I'm going to sow on strips of died burlap.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 12:16 am

Gryph sorry if this sounds mean, but you should start your own thread on this, just so we don't have a billion things all in one thread, but anyways, as for ghillie suits go, I'm sure if your in the role of a sniper it will be fine if your wearing a ghillie suit. I believe Nick has a few, that he made??, just a heads up, you probably have found them already, but there are a few sites around that teach yah how to make one.

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=1
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/projects/../articles/newbie_guide/faq/makeaghilliesuit_faq.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Camo Discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next