N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Team Camo Discussion

Go down 
+10
Gryph
ssp21
Yuu
gm_gunner
Yuurei
chinese_gunman
twsmith
Hortons Heros
=Daes=
beach_boy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Camo Gear
Cadpat
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap67%Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Marpat
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Flecktarn
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Multicam
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
British DPM
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
gm_gunner
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
gm_gunner

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2005-10-28

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags: ---

Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 2:05 am

Ghillie suits (sorry for posting this here Mike....don't flame me) don't really go towards a camo type, they are more of an accessory for your sniper team/sniper. So whatever type of camo we go with doesn't effect the use of a ghillie suit. I plan on getting one once I get my gun in May!
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 2:18 pm

Dave you got those prices yet? Does Wayne have any good cadpat in the army surplus, or is it all used?
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 3:37 pm

Check the April 16-17 meeting thread for price cost to travel (roughly) Ghillie suits are very specialized and I'm sure that we would want members of our team to wear this instead of the regular camo so they can play that special roll. Like making a cardboard box tank for Doug and his support gun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat 01 Apr 2006, 11:32 am

How longe till we Know what camo we're officaly going to be using as a club? And are we going to go with a club insegnia? I'ld like to know soon what type of camo I should be looking at getting. Is cadpat water proof or just water resestant? Is any of the regular camo water proof? I like to stay dry.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat 01 Apr 2006, 1:23 pm

I'm not too sure, so maybe I'm not the one who should be answering this question, but I'm going to venture a guess and say no. Not too sure why your worried about getting wet, and wet from what? Rain?.... all I can remember is that the swiss camo that Nick had, had plastic of rubber stuff on the elbows and knees. Remember WATERPROOF does not breathe.... I don't know about you guys, but the summer can get warm and I don't want to be sweating like a banshee out there...
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Number of posts : 251

Player Info
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

PostSubject: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 2:56 am

no combat clothing is ever water resistant except gortex, but i'm sure no one is willing to pay a couple hundred dollars for airsoft...that may be ruined. A little rain never hurts anyone....u can wear rain gear if u really want to but it makes too much noise....garbage bags have the same effect as well...besides...it barely rains in PG
Back to top Go down
http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 8:36 am

I'm remembering a July last summer where it rained everyday save 4. It doesn't rain when we play airsoft-knock on wood.
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2005-10-25

Player Info
Geo: Downtown
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 2:29 pm

I'm afraid you will not like my opinion...

I don't really like the "uniform" idea.
First reason : personnal choice
As we can see some people love CADPAT some Flecktarn and some ALPENFLAGE (ok, one...); so at the end we will have people spending money on something they don't like No

Second: money :
matching uniform can be expensive ( like CADPAT, now impossible to find legally) and time consuming

Third: confusion :
if everybody is in Alpenflage (what ? why not ?) how do we make difference between friendly and ENI ?

The uniform is a good idea if we lived in Vancouver and able to play other team on a basic, but face it : we even did'nt play a game here with all the PG team, so meeting other team ...

So in fact I preffer to see people in different bdu, like a bunch of mercenaries, but fully equiped, with mask, vest, mags... better than people waiting at home for a good deal on ASC for a MARPAT set...

My advise for new player : buy a chep bdu set (even green is good), a cheap chest rig and for less than $100 you're good to go. Then you can spend money on a good gun or mags etc. Then you'll select a patern and build your kit little by little.

That's my opinion

What a Face What a Face I heard voices and they told me you have to buy Alpenflage What a Face What a Face

forget about waterproof bdu...wear bodyarmor under the bdu and you'll not feel wet.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 4:50 pm

You can always wear something underneath your equipment, try or snowpants or gators...... it'll act the same way, and I'll be sitting there laughing as you sweat to death.... I guess I'm obligated to help though... stupid first aid...
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 6:16 pm

Don't worry Beach Boy I have first Aid to and I know my limits (Usualy)
If you look at some hunting gear there's water proof stuff that breaths. I'm not lieing! my buddy has some. the only problem with the stuff is price. I like water proof stuff because I spend a good part of my time flat on the wet ground trying not get shot and I like to stay dry and warm.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 6:27 pm

Gyrph you could buy a neoprene suit and get wet while staying warm. Plus you could pee and noone could track you. Shocked .

None of the guys that are into gear are going to buy hunting stuff, that's what separates airsoft from paintball and other stuff like that. Even if it's cheaper, water proof, breathable and makes you smell like a man...they still won't buy it. Purists. (this is from the guy who wears blue gators)

The more I think the more I think like Frag. Not just sucking up so Frag won't shoot a hole through me with his sniper in the bush. Maybe the way we separate teams is by helmets and boonie teams, or boots and bear feet or one team could all wear one glove. Serious about the helmets and boonie idea but you get the idea.

EDIT-where the heck am I going to buy alpenflague? I would almost consider it.
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 7:11 pm

if the waterproof/breathable BDU worked, the Army would have adopted it...
Stick with real "issue" stuff

For team we can use this kind of shoulder triangle, work great :

Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Iv1
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 9:33 pm

Very true on the uniforms... I like the mercenary idea. How much friendly fire have we actually experienced? The only time I've shot at a teammate (besides my first game when I shot at Dave) was in the thick brush during that machine gun nest game and that's because I'd had to respawn and didn't realize we had a player who'd crawled nearly all the way up to the nest in my absence. I still didn't hit him because of the thick brush, but even if he'd been wearing the same uniform as me I wouldn't have been able to tell because the brush was so thick.

Matching headgear or insignias would serve the purpose and be much more affordable for everyone. If we can't tell what headgear someone is wearing from a distance then we probably aren't going to be able to tell the uniforms apart.

Besides that, I don't want Cadpat. It won't work for me up here as it's got way too much green for the thick willow brush around here (same as my DPM). That swiss stuff with the red would actually be better for here, and since I plan on playing with the FSJ guys I'm going to need some camo for this area and I don't want to buy 3 sets. Well, not yet anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 9:36 pm

I like the neoprene idea... haha... think about it, no more double fly, just let'er rip... man golden idea... Frag does bring up some good points, my question is, realisticly how many games do we think we are going to play outside of Prince George? Well since they're all out of town, how many roadtrips are we going to do? Also as I type, I think Jeff was onto something like 2 pages ago with the NATO stuff... another thing I just thought of was, there are a lot of us who are younger, therefore we are probably not all going to stay in Prince George, it's going to really suck if you get all your gear together and end up not being able to use it because your new club doesn't want that camo or something..... anyways, so what are we going to decide to do?
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 9:39 pm

Oh and just to clearify.... Dave, Holland is on the list... look about half way down.... Go Netherlands! Red, White, Blue!
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 10:11 pm

I found that with a pair of jogging pants and a light, long sleeved shirt under my BDU's I was warm enough even when I was laying down in the snow. Even on the cold days when I got soaked, I was still fairly warm and more worried about breaking my gun than freezing my ass.

Once it starts to warm up I'll lose the extra layer, but I grew up in Kamloops so I don't expect the heat to bother me much come summer. It can't be any worse than wearing full coveralls and running an angle grinder for 8 hours when it's 40 degrees out, can it? I was drinking at least 4 litres of water per day and I was still losing weight to dehydration. Come to think of it, I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds... Airsoft bootcamp! Smile
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 Apr 2006, 1:20 am

nick is right... lets play as mercs...wear whatever u want but it can't match...all we really need to buy is an awesome chest rig...lots of mags and a sweet weapons...then we'd be set. We can be like Black water operatives....i saw clips of the sas fighting in afghanistan and they dressed like bums...but they carried sweet weapons.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 Apr 2006, 10:31 am

Does this mean that Chinese is going to wear non matching! No I don't think I would actually recognize you on the street if you weren't wearing cadpat. Buy some flecktarn and join me. Together we shall defeat the great nation of Holland.

EDIT-you can find those fake pasgat or passat whatever they are helmets for cheap. Look great and easy to match them. I'm a boonie man myself, even though it makes me look like a really skinny tall male witch.
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 Apr 2006, 7:12 pm

I'm all for defeating Holland, My X girlfriend is from there pirat
Seriusly though I think we should just go with some sort of club ensignia, and maybe some matching head gear. Thats my vote anyways.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 Apr 2006, 7:49 pm

As long as we don't stick out like this umm.... fella, I was going to say fruit, but.... yah, I'd rather stick with a boonie and rather than umm well.... this red shoot me hat! This pic is from kelwona airsoft... I don't think I could live with myself if I had to wear one of these...
Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Dsc41168uw
Back to top Go down
chinese_gunman
PG MEM
PG MEM
chinese_gunman

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: camo   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 12:22 am

but that's not dave....his hair is too short Laughing
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 12:56 am

...and he doesn't have blue gators... affraid
Back to top Go down
Yuu
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuu

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2005-12-17

Player Info
Geo: Richmond
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 2:32 am

Stay away from anyone like that like 50 metres away...
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 2:14 pm

Yikes is right about the hat. I keep reminds me of Dawsons Red beleclava. That was a full faced shoot me target.

If my stupid pants were longer ( and If I could find a bigger size) then I wouldn't wear those things. How do you guys keep your pants tucked in anyway?
Back to top Go down
=FRAG=
PG MEM
PG MEM
=FRAG=

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 4:35 pm

we don't have this kind of problem : we've got normal legs Razz Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Camo Discussion   Team Camo Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Camo Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next