N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recruiting players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuurei
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuurei

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2005-12-18

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyWed 01 Feb 2006, 11:43 pm

I know we're in the crawling stage of recruiting new players. I was thinking about recruitment posters. Anyone, including myself, with photo editing programs, could design recruitment posters and leave 'em where people will see them. Can't remember who mentioned it, but it was commented we should try and get some local RCMP playing. I have a contact or two with them, and could probably leave a few posters around the detachment for them to look at...any ideas/comments??? Question
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 12:56 am

Then they can come bust our bums! Heck yah! I have no idea how you guys feel about this, although I'm all gun-hoe about getting more people to the games, I feel that if we did this we'd get a lot of nobs out that are just plainly stupid. Word of mouth is the best way of advertising, atleast according to my marketing book... but I'd be weary just cuz I have heard a few people talking about some RCMP guys taking some kids gun right after he bought it(it was a cheap clear one) but dang... it's all up to you guys since currently I'm not even in the club...
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 1:34 am

There is no law against the clear ones as they are not considered firearm replicas, so unless he was waving it around in public or using it where he shouldn't have been (ie. school or other public place) he should be able to get it back. They've also been having problems in some towns with teenagers using them for "drive-bys" so they may have decided to take it based on the guys age and the possibility of him mis-using it.

The RCMP officers I've spoken to in Hudson's Hope are in their early-mid twenties and both seem very interested in trying out airsoft. Even the third cop here, in his mid-thirties is interested apparently. I think it would be valuable to get some RCMP members involved as it can show them that we are responsible airsofters and will handle and store our airsoft guns responsibly. If they think it's just a bunch of kids goofing around with realistic looking guns they are much more likely to try to shut us down.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 1:41 am

I forgot to mention that I agree with beach_boy. Word-of-mouth is preferable, we don't want a bunch of RCMP just showing up to take our guns away. Speak with the guys you know who are interested, maybe show them your guns and let them try them out in the proper environment and if they don't try to confiscate your stuff then invite them out for a game. Smile

Most of us have invested waaay too many $$$ already and we don't want to have to fork out more cash to replace our existing gear.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuurei

Player Info
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 1:59 am

10-4 to that. I wanted to hear a group opinion, and it was just an idea to consider.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 3:11 am

The only thing I'd be worried about posting so freely is you'd have to have a way to screen people... dang this club out here is really rubbing off on me, but I just don't want to see the club turn into a gong show with a bunch of pre-pubertiy guys running around making a bad name for airsoft. That's my only concern.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 3:23 am

True enough, some people seem fine to talk to, but once you put a gun in their hands they can turn into idiots. I've seen the same thing in hockey. Some guys are totally different on the ice than off. I guess it's the same with any sports, some people are just poor sportsmen and put winning above all else. I don't think age necessarily has anything to do with it, possibly just testosterone, even older people can act immaturely. And you also get people who have never handled real firearms and treat the airsoft guns like they are toys. Nothing I hate worse than handing one of my friends an airsoft gun, only to have him cock it and point it at someone like its some joke. It's a little different when you're all geared up and expecting it, but some guys will do that anywhere.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 3:25 am

I guess I'd hate it worse if it was a real gun instead of an airsoft gun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuurei

Player Info
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyThu 02 Feb 2006, 11:42 am

I agree there does need to be some way to screen people. But if anyones got any ideas in regards to how we actually recruit players, like when talking about them face to face...
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 12:46 am

I'ld say a few well placed posters. Ie. sporting goods shops, gun repair shops. ect. It would be nice to get the word out some other way other than by mouth.
One idea to screen players, The volunteer fire departments (which I'm in) make new recruits probationary fire fighters for 3 months and then hold a vote to see if they get in or not. As far as I know no one has not gotten voted in. Alot of stores have some sort of try out period. We could also make them write some sort of test on gun safety to get in. My dad does the tests for the P.A.L. (fire arms test) if you want I could try to get him to make up a couple of tests for the airsoft guns and safety. I don't know how well that would work, I have a friend who passed his P.A.L. but I consider him unsafe with a fire arm. I have to keep a close eye on him when we target practice.
Back to top Go down
Revan
PG MEM
PG MEM
Revan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-03-14

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players EmptyFri 31 Mar 2006, 10:34 am

I'm noy sure if I have anyone out where I am that would be interested in this. I do know a pair of brothers that are really into extreme sports, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recruiting players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting players   Recruiting players Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting players
Page 1 of 1